General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bassman Tri April 29th Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-01-12 12:57 PM

User image

Veteran
Scotch Plains, NJ
Subject: Bassman Tri April 29th
Signed up for this tri in April. .5s/29b/4r - don't know what distance that is, but it seems to be somewhere between a sprint and oly?? Am I right? I did one of the sandy hookers races last sept, then trained for a mary that was last week. Now I want to get into this tri thing for real. I have a friend to train with, but I need some local locos too. I am in Scotch Plains - I know I have inquired about some folks before - but I'm doing it again to start fresh. I swim at the westfield y - but it's the biking and running that I could use a group or a few folks - so it makes the training a little more fun!

2007-01-24 7:34 AM
in reply to: #652396

Subject: RE: Bassman Tri April 29th
I signed up for this race too. It is a bit longer than a usual sprint but I did the Devilman last year and it was about the same distance. The course should be pretty flat so it won't seem so long. April is a little early to be getting in the water though. Last year I did early May and the water didn't feel to bad because the air was freezing, it was only 50 degrees at 8:30am. Hopefully it will be a little warmer than that.

Good luck at the race!
2007-01-25 6:34 AM

User image

Veteran
Scotch Plains, NJ
Good luck to you as well. I think I need to invest in a wetsuit....I surf as well, so I can deal with water temps as long as I am covered in neoprene....don't think my 3/2 suit is flexible enough for racing though.
2007-01-25 7:54 AM

Oh I have a wetsuit. I wouldn't even attempt it. I won't go in my pool unless it's 85 degress. I am wimp when it comes to the cold!

Good luck to you too this season.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bassman Tri April 29th Rss Feed