General Discussion Triathlon Talk » How to beat Sickness!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-10-29 8:54 PM

New user

Subject: How to beat Sickness!!
With the winter coming and training continuing, I seem to be getting sick a lot. What do you all do when your sick...slow/stop training? Is there any good proven or home remidies to build that immunity...Thanks in advance for the info.

DK

2005-10-30 8:52 AM
in reply to: #274567

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: How to beat Sickness!!

dkinra - 2005-10-29 8:54 PM With the winter coming and training continuing, I seem to be getting sick a lot. What do you all do when your sick...slow/stop training? Is there any good proven or home remedies to build that immunity...Thanks in advance for the info. DK

Moderate aerobic exercise improves immunity.  If you're sick just take it down a few notches.  What's the rule...?  If its above the chest keep training, if its below the chest take a break.  I think that's how it goes.

I hope you're feeling better.

2005-10-30 8:13 PM

User image

The Original
Raleigh/Durham
I usually try to get more rest, and wash my hands all the time- especailly at the gym after lifting weights and using cardio equipment.  I try to avoid rubbing my eyes or touching my face while at the gym.  I swear by loading up with lots of water, getting enough vitamin C and zinc helps ward off germs.  Also, green tea is good to drink- lots of antioxidants.  I drink Emer-Gen-C a few times a day- it's loaded with vitamin C, all the B's, and zinc- I swear it helps!
2005-11-02 7:28 AM

User image

Master
Cambridge, MA
Taking it back a notch cardio-wise really helps, but full rest is also key. I am terrible about "working through" most colds instead of full-out resting. There's just so many other things one can do --like drink tea, take vit C, wash hands, etc-- that I figure I'm doing enough to kick the cold/virus/bug already, so why stop working out?

The moderate level workouts do help keep the immune and ciculatory systems strong, but if the cold lodges in your chest, that's the time to stop, rest, and recover.

Good luck staying healthy, -Sunny
2005-11-03 11:58 AM

User image

dkinra - 2005-10-29 8:54 PM

With the winter coming and training continuing, I seem to be getting sick a lot. What do you all do when your sick...slow/stop training? Is there any good proven or home remidies to build that immunity...Thanks in advance for the info.

DK

Look in the internet regarding colon cleansing, extra vitamin C, and (spelling) Echenasia is great for the immune system.

I use physillium husks in a smoothie once or twice a day and my health has improved a lot, it keeps the system moving regularily.

Good Luck!!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » How to beat Sickness!! Rss Feed