Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Nutrition/Training Calorie Log Worksheet Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-02-06 11:04 AM

User image

Subject: Nutrition/Training Calorie Log Worksheet
Hey gang,

I started using the BT nutrition logs a couple of weeks ago and was surprised to see what I was eating! The only thing missing was a way to incorporate the daily and weekly gain or deficit based on my training. I heard BT may incorporate and link the training calorie expenditures to the intake in the logs - but in the meantime I put this quick excel doc together to track offline.

The "intake" and carb/protein/fat ratios come directly from the BT nutrition log (manually).

You'll see the distance/activity calorie burn is set for me (at 200 lbs), as well as BMR and "daily activity." You can plug in your own values for each and the table will adjust. The sources/links I used for calories burned and BMR are right in the doc. I plugged in a conservative 500 cal for daily burn above BMR (I work at a desk all day), excluding training.

This file has my data for the past few weeks so you can get an idea of what it could look like for you. And yes, I'm trying to cut body fat and lose some weight as I build a base for this season, so for me the deficit is planned... and for what it's worth, it's been pretty close. To date, the table shows a caloric deficit of about 17000 cal / 3500 cal = 4.8 lbs. And that's about what I have lost the past 3+ weeks or so.

Please note - I'm not a nutritionist (I think that's probably obvious!) I put together this spreadsheet to roughly track my caloric intake and expenditures on a casual basis. Seek out professional medical advice for professional service!

In any case, until BT incorporates this type of tracking in the future - I hope you may find this useful.

Take care,
Rob

Attachments
----------------
NutritionAnalysisUpdated.xls (29KB - 109 downloads)

2007-02-12 10:31 AM
in reply to: #681096

User image

Subject: RE: Nutrition/Training Calorie Log Worksheet

Just attached a corrected worksheet in the first message. I noticed some of the daily sums and activity calculations weren't correct.

RP
New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Nutrition/Training Calorie Log Worksheet Rss Feed