BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mike's group closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 10

2009-02-24 9:34 AM
in reply to: #1856771

Subject: RE: Mike's group closed

Hey all!  Group's been kind of quiet recently, not sure if everyone is still around and training hard.

My workouts have been flowing well, most importantly my gym hired an endurance coach who has competed in and placed very well numerous tris over the years.  He leads a spin class every Saturday and he kicked our a$$ this week.  Really focused on technique and base endurance to get us ready for hard core training in the upcoming weeks.  The class is eventually going to go outdoors as well and even do some bricks as tri season gets closer.  He's also going to be in charge of the tri club that should be starting in a couple of weeks, which will be great.  I feel like this is going to help even more with my training.

Unfortunately I won't be able to do that indoor tri the gym is creating as I have to travel for business the day that they are running it.  Very bummed about that - I was really looking forward to doing it and seeing where I was at with my training.  Hopefully they do another one soon.

Hope everyone's training is coming along.

Pete

2009-02-25 11:17 AM
in reply to: #1978915

User image

Master
Lexington, KY

Hi Pete. 

Glad to here things are going well for you.  Cool that you've found a group you can train with - that'll make a huge difference I bet! 

I got some bad news about my sfx last week and have been kind of staying away from BT until my attitude improves.   It's not healing like my Doc thought it would, etc., so it looks like I won't be doing triathlons until maybe late in the summer.  My goal races are out. Might be able to do the swim/bike at IMLOU, but not the run.  Yada yada.

Thankfully, a full recovery is still expected.

Speaking of which, how are things going for Heath these days?  Any news?

I'm off to the pool...

2009-03-03 10:11 AM

User image

Expert
oregon ave,
With me moving, I have only been able to check back here when I am at work. (sneaking in from time to time).  It seems like those who can are up and going.  Sorry to hear others aren't healing up as well as earlier hoped.  Feel free to email me or PM me at any time with questions or concerns anyone might have.
2009-05-05 5:50 PM

User image

It's been a long time since anybody posted in here and I don't know if anybody is still following this link or not, but I just wanted to let everybody know that I finished the St. Croix Ironman 70.3.  It definately lived up to it's name of being a tough one, but it's behind me now.  Here's a link to my recap of it....

http://www.stlouistriclub.com/sltc_forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1727#1727

Now to set a new goal......
2009-05-05 6:47 PM

User image

Expert
oregon ave,
Hey there.  Nice job on the race!  What's on your plate for your next goal?
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mike's group closed Rss Feed  

of 10