General Discussion Race Reports! » Bluffton Offroad Duathlon/ Trail Run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Bluffton Offroad Duathlon/ Trail Run - Duathlon

View Member's Race Log
Bluffton, SC
Palmetto Race & Event Productions
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 39m 37s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 3/
Pre-race routine:

Stretch and try to hydrate enough. Finished eating a big danish and some coffee. Very low key race. Set-up transition area (put bike on its side and helmet ready to be put on).
Event warmup:

Ran a little and stretched. Collected my thoughts.
Run
  • 24m 23s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 07m 52s  min/mile
Transition 1
  • 02m 5s
Comments:

Went smoothly, I think. No big hurry, even changed shoes. Took a bite of a Snickers Marathon bar, downed some Powerade/Water mix and was off.
No bike racks or anything, just the ground.
Bike
  • 45m 9s
  • 9 miles
  • 11.96 mile/hr
Comments:

The turnarounds were narrow with water (swamp) on both sides. I only passed one or two people on the ride and had thought I would do better.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

I forgot to hit my lap/ split right away so the time is roughly an estimate. Tried to maintain the deliberate pace and not get too rushed. Had another bite of Marathon bar and some more Powerade/water mix. Put on shoes and away I went.
Run
  • 00m
  • 3.1 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

This run was more difficult for me. I burned up alot on the bike.
What would you do differently?:

I started out too fast. Had to stop and stretch out after the first mile. Then at about the 2 mile mark my knee was bothering me, so I walked a little, ran some, one more walk, and then finished it off.
Post race
Event comments:

For my experience and ability I think it was a good race for me. I enjoyed doing it and would do it again. We had pre-registered but they didn't have a record of it so we had to fill out a new form. A small race and was somewhat unorganized. They had 3 or 4 volunteers which was fine since the race all took place on a trail that was only 6 miles long.

Did I mention I got Third place in my age group!!!! I had no idea, so I guess I did GOOD! It was fun.

Last updated: 2004-11-17 12:00 AM
Running
00:24:23 | 03.1 miles | 07m 52s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Course was a trail run: Old railway bed that had been converted. It was just left to be "natural". It had been mowed and flat but an uneven running surface.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
T1
Time: 02:05
Overall:
Run with bike?
Jump on bike?
Getting up to speed and into shoes:
Biking
00:45:09 | 09 miles | 11.96 mile/hr
Performance: Good
Wind: Little
Course: Mountain Bike Ride. Same railbed. Started out in the opposite direction with same conditions as run course. At about 1 mile out the course had not been mowed and became overgrown (3 foot weeds and grass). This lasted maybe half a mile to the turn around. The course then went back on itself past the transition area and onto the run course. Follow the Run course and pass the transition area one more time on the way to the last turnaround in the weeds.
Road: Rough  Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:00:00 | 03.1 miles |  min/mile
Performance: Below average
Course: Same as first run but harder.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2004-11-30 8:12 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Metro Atlanta
Subject: Bluffton Offroad Duathlon/ Trail Run

2004-11-30 9:05 AM
in reply to: #87587

User image

Elite Veteran
Atlanta, GA
Subject: RE: Bluffton Offroad Duathlon/ Trail Run
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...you got 3rd in your age group! Alan that is terrific! Great job! Very proud of you! Don't be so humble about your experience and ability... you've got incredible ability; the experience will come. Fabulous race!!!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Bluffton Offroad Duathlon/ Trail Run Rss Feed