General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike training + Track practices Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-02-14 6:06 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Fridley, MN, USA
Subject: Bike training + Track practices
This spring I plan on riding just about every day on my bike. I have a trainer so that isn't a problem. I was wondering how I should set up my workout schedule on the bike in order to coincide with track practices... (I run with the distance group)
On a regular week we do LSD runs on Mondays, shorter interval work or tempo runs on Tuesdays, some sort of LSD or recovery run on Wednesdays, interval training or speed work on Thursdays, and then LSD again on Fridays. They suggest cross training on weekends.
On meet weeks we have meets on Thursdays, and everything else is generally the same.

Now would it be most beneficial to set up my bike training to match my track practices? That is, do my LSD or recovery stuff all on the same days, and my interval/speed training all on the same days.

OR, should I have an independant biking schedule since I have saturdays and sundays to train on?

Any sort of advice/past experience/short storys and/or generalized workout setups would be appreciated

2008-02-14 8:13 PM
in reply to: #1213230

User image

Extreme Veteran
Charlotte NC
Subject: RE: Bike training + Track practices
if i were you i would do the exact opposite: have your easy bike days be on your toughest run days and vice versa that way you arent totally spent for whatever activity you are doing second. doing a hard bike followed by a hard run later in the day is generally pretty tough imo. good luck!
2008-02-14 10:54 PM
in reply to: #1213230

User image

Extreme Veteran
Fridley, MN, USA
Subject: RE: Bike training + Track practices
Sounds like that could make sense. What sort of workouts should I do on weekends (on the bike) if I'm doing 2-3 interval/speed workouts a week?
2008-02-15 8:19 AM
in reply to: #1213740

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike training + Track practices Rss Feed