General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Good tri-fit in DC Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-02-17 5:23 PM

Huntington Woods,
Subject: Good tri-fit in DC
Anyone have recommendations for a good professional tri fit here in the DC area? I just got a new bike and have never ridden in an aero position before. They fit me pretty well at the store, but I think that a pro-fit is necessary to dial everything in as I am not 100% comfortable on the bike yet and don't want to end up slower than on my Trek 1000... Thanks in advance!

Edited by toyfo98 2008-02-17 5:25 PM

2008-02-26 10:00 PM
in reply to: #1217210

User image

DC
Subject: RE: Good tri-fit in DC
toyfo98 - 2008-02-17 6:23 PM

Anyone have recommendations for a good professional tri fit here in the DC area? I just got a new bike and have never ridden in an aero position before. They fit me pretty well at the store, but I think that a pro-fit is necessary to dial everything in as I am not 100% comfortable on the bike yet and don't want to end up slower than on my Trek 1000... Thanks in advance!

Try Bonzai Sports in Falls Church.
2008-03-15 2:58 PM
in reply to: #1217210

User image

Pro
Reston
Subject: RE: Good tri-fit in DC

toyfo98 - 2008-02-17 6:23 PM Anyone have recommendations for a good professional tri fit here in the DC area? I just got a new bike and have never ridden in an aero position before. They fit me pretty well at the store, but I think that a pro-fit is necessary to dial everything in as I am not 100% comfortable on the bike yet and don't want to end up slower than on my Trek 1000... Thanks in advance!

Where is the bike from, and are you unhappy (or uncomfortable) with how they fit you?  You say that they fit you "pretty well."  If it is a reputable shop, they should be willing to work with you to tweak things after you've had a chance to ride.  It's extremely difficult to get a perfect fit on a new bike without spending some time riding first, especially if you have no experience riding a tri bike.

I wouldn't recommend bonzai.  In my opinion you don't find much more than arrogance in that shop.  Not saying they couldn't fit you well, but they'd actually have to want to do it first.

Define DC area for me and I could probably give you a few places to check out.  But before you go spending the money, you might consider if it is something that can be worked out by the place that sold you the bike.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Good tri-fit in DC Rss Feed