General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Seacoast Open Water Swim Locations? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-02-21 12:20 PM

User image

Exeter, New Hampshire
Subject: Seacoast Open Water Swim Locations?
Does anyone have some input on a good location to do an open water swim prior to the June 8th Mooseman? I live in Exeter, so would like to find something close by. I have a friend that likes to Kayak, so I would prefer to find somewhere that allows both kayaks and swimmers.

Obviously this is not going to happen until mid may, but most of the state parks in the area do not open their beaches until the middle of June.

I'm not sure about the current/temp/logistics of Great Bay. Has anyone swum there?

Any input would be appreciated.

2008-02-21 1:06 PM
in reply to: #1226212

User image

Expert
Alexandria, NH
Subject: RE: Seacoast Open Water Swim Locations?

I live in walking distance of the Mooseman so as it gets closer I can let you know when the lake reaches reasonable temperature if you would like.  I'm sure there are some locations out there for you and someone should know.

2008-02-22 6:11 PM
in reply to: #1226212

User image

Expert
Haddam, CT
Subject: RE: Seacoast Open Water Swim Locations?
Mooseman's Lake (Newfound) is pretty chilly, but the park is open come early Spring.  Come early May, you'll see triathletes each weekend suffering through the chill (bring your neoprene cap!).  You can usually park there for free if you tell the park staff you're training.  I also enjoy Ellacoya (Gilford), and Glen Lake (Goffstown).  Not sure re/ out on the coast, but I can bet that the inner lakes warm up a hair faster. 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Seacoast Open Water Swim Locations? Rss Feed