Other Resources My Cup of Joe » hey all you hard workers! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2004-12-06 9:01 PM

User image

molto veloce mama
Subject: hey all you hard workers!
i've been awol for a few weeks now. i've received a few 'what happened to you?' messages, so i thought i'd better pop in and say 'hey'. all is well here in minnesota. we've been enjoying the 'off season' - off from tris, off from gardening, off from camping and hiking (mostly). been spending a lot of time cooking, baking, and reading. may very well be doing an indoor tri (w/ kelpeng) in february, so i'll need to get myself back in gear after xmas...or at the latest, january 1st . i've been running once or twice a week and walking every day, but otherwise i've been down right lazy. weight is staying the same at least, thank goodness.

one of the books i've read recently is 'living the simple life' by elaine st. james. good stuff. we've purged 2 car loads of stuff and have 2 more loads to go to goodwill this weekend. can't seem to apply the minimalist philosophy to the bike collection, however (8 in all now, including my new 3 speed and my husband's 3 bikes, 10 if you include my daughter's and a mtb i'm repairing for a friend).

hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday (christmas, hanukkah, kwanzaa, solstice, ramadan, boxing day, etc.) and have a happy new year!

2004-12-06 9:15 PM
in reply to: #90037

Regular
Las Vegas, NV
Subject: RE: hey all you hard workers!

I heard a comedian say once that a state of emergency should be declared in Minnesota in the dead of winter. "The government should move those idiots to somewhere where it's at least, I dunno, 20."

So I admire your dedication to triathlons amidst all the difficulties of training in winter.

2004-12-06 9:17 PM
in reply to: #90039

User image

molto veloce mama
what, 20 below? eh, where are my shorts??
2004-12-06 10:16 PM
in reply to: #90037

User image

Philadelphia, south of New York and north of DC
How is your friend doing?  It must be hard for her.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » hey all you hard workers! Rss Feed