General Discussion Triathlon Talk » bike help Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-03-23 1:15 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
New Boston
Subject: bike help
can anyone tell me if this is a good deal on a used bike and if this is a good bike
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp... tart=1 the felt s32 on the classified page. thanks for the help

Edited by rgr375 2008-03-23 1:16 PM

2008-03-23 3:05 PM
in reply to: #1288290

User image

Veteran
Gibraltar Michigan USA
Subject: RE: bike help

To be honest, this time of the year, I would go check out some of the bike shops for closeouts.  I know that two wheel tango in Ann Arbor has a few nice bikes on their closeout racks, as of a few weeks ago, with some great prices on them. 

Dropping the price only a couple of hundred dollars is not that great of a deal.  You still have to pay for a fit which you normally get free with the bike purchase, and you are buying last years bike which you can normally find on clearance for less, with a free fit.

Also the components are not that good.  The 105 stuff slips a lot from my experience, I tend to stay away from it when possible.  Ultegra is OK and dura-ace is the most bang for the buck.  I personally like SRAM Red equipment, but it is expensive.

Hope this helps.  Also, it never hurts to check with a bike shop for their opinion.  Normally, they are more then happy to help you eval a used bike because you will be coming back to them for other stuff, like that fit.

2008-03-23 7:50 PM
in reply to: #1288290

New user

Muskegon, MI
Subject: RE: bike help
I have to believe that you can get better deals on last years stuff at a shop. I was in Breakaway (Muskegon) and they have some really nice deals on Treks and Roos. Wrong side of the state for you......... but if we can find deals over here there has to be some deals in the metropolis.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » bike help Rss Feed