General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » BT'er with Screenprinter connections Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED
2008-04-14 1:29 PM

User image

Champion
Urbandale, IA
Subject: BT'er with Screenprinter connections

I do a lot of work - and race - to bring the need for organ donation to the forefront.  Currently, I spend my own money to have t-shirts made and distribute them to organ recipients and donor families so that they become a part of "my team" and are with me for races - even if they can't be there personally.  We have found that being a member of a team provides people that are awaiting transplant or have just received one the ability to find strength in numbers by being a team member.  I have currently given away almost 50 t-shirts.

I spend my own money for these shirts and i have never charged anyone for a shirt.  The problem is that it is getting quite expensive for me to continue on, but I have a problem with telling people no.  Nobody told me no wjhen I was waiting for my transplant or after I received it. 

What I am looking for is a screenprinter that is willing to cut me a deal to make this a more realistic project for me.  I would like to talk to anyone that can hook me up with a screenprinter that they think can do me this favor.  Unfortunately, I am not an officially recognized charity at this point (no tax number for write-offs) so I don't have a way for them to get "credit" for it - I am working on that step.

Thanks for reading. 

2008-04-21 6:53 AM
in reply to: #1336812

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: BT'er with Screenprinter connections
try impact-adv.com they are out of alexandria, la. i bet some bt'ers would like to donate. i would if you had a paypal account. it sounds like a great cause
2008-04-25 3:07 PM

User image

Veteran
Leesburg, VA
I do a fair amout of business with a christian Tshirt company. PM me what you are paying now and maybe I can get them to get you a better deal.

Also I would be willing to kick in a few bones to help offset the costs. How about you sell me a shirt for 4 or 5 times what you get them for and that way mine pay for the next 4 or 5 you give away. I collect shirts and hats so I would love to help you out that way too.

I have been an organ donor since getting my liscence 16 years ago but I never thought about the impact until I saw the ESPN special about the kid who was the college mascot. His donations affected such a large number of people after passing away.

If anyone has not seen the special it is work tracking it down to see it.

Edited by TheyCallMeTiny 2008-04-25 3:10 PM
2008-04-27 8:39 AM
in reply to: #1362496

User image

Master
Suwanee, Ga.

How about you sell me a shirt for 4 or 5 times what you get them for and that way mine pay for the next 4 or 5 you give away. I collect shirts and hats so I would love to help you out that way too.

What he said  ^^^^^

I am a donor as well and would love to help by buying a shirt so that you could give away some more shirts.

2008-04-28 3:31 PM
in reply to: #1362496

User image

Champion
Urbandale, IA

TheyCallMeTiny - 2008-04-25 3:07 PM I do a fair amout of business with a christian Tshirt company. PM me what you are paying now and maybe I can get them to get you a better deal. Also I would be willing to kick in a few bones to help offset the costs. How about you sell me a shirt for 4 or 5 times what you get them for and that way mine pay for the next 4 or 5 you give away. I collect shirts and hats so I would love to help you out that way too. I have been an organ donor since getting my liscence 16 years ago but I never thought about the impact until I saw the ESPN special about the kid who was the college mascot. His donations affected such a large number of people after passing away. If anyone has not seen the special it is work tracking it down to see it.

His name is Jason Ray - you can view the ESPN video here, be prepared to be deeply affected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L6AD-jVjNA

Edited by jdwright56 2008-04-28 3:39 PM
2008-04-29 6:53 PM

User image

New user

Raising awareness about organ donation is great cause. I recently read a study that found that more than 90% of Americans want to donate their organs, but only about 25% are signed up to do so. Your efforts will hopefully help shift those statistics.

You might want to check out a company called Endure (www.enduresportswear.com). They focus on high quality custom printed performance wear at affordable prices...so it may be a good fit. I think they mainly work with race directors on large custom-printed performance shirt orders for races, charities, track teams etc. but have also started offering the Endure Elite shirt to individual athletes. That shirt may actually work well for you as the shirt is designed with a single red band on just the right sleeve. Along the lines of the “Live Strong” bracelets, that single red band might be a cool way to highlight/symbolize the organ donation cause.

I wish you all the best and continued success with your worthwhile efforts!

2008-05-07 12:35 PM

User image

Veteran
Grand Rapids MI
PM sent

Scott
Sell Gear
CLOSED
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » BT'er with Screenprinter connections Rss Feed