General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Give Peace A Tri - Sprint Triathlon (Keene, NH) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-04-24 8:45 PM

User image

NH
Subject: Give Peace A Tri - Sprint Triathlon (Keene, NH)
Hey Tri-Guys & Gals,

Whether you're a beginner, veteran age-grouper or ironman, this is a great Sprint event for a great group. Mothers Uniting is putting on the 3rd Annual Give Peace A Tri - Try Making A Difference Sprint Triathlon at Surry Mountain Recreation Area in Keene, NH on Saturday, July 5, 2008. It was due to my wife's persistent coaxing that I became a reluctant triathlete two years ago at the very first GPAT event. I have since become hooked on the sport and completed Timberman for the first time last year.

You can participate in the triathlon as a racer, relay team-member or volunteer. It consists of a .25 mile swim, an 8 mile bike ride and a 3.1 mile run. You can check out all the details and register online at the website: www.givepeaceatri.net The event proceeds will support Mothers Uniting which works to create a non-violent and just world for ALL children.

Like anything that makes a difference in life, this sprint triathlon is a challenge that can be met with dedication and effort. That is the overall point of this event. If you can do THIS, just think of ALL the other differences you can make in this world!

Please pass this info along to anyone you think might be interested and let me know if you have any questions. I'd love to see you all out there!

Peace-
Addison

Edited by add_rock 2008-04-24 8:46 PM

2008-06-09 4:40 AM
in reply to: #1360701

User image

Master
The Whites, New Hampshire
Subject: RE: Give Peace A Tri - Sprint Triathlon (Keene, NH)
I'll be there - this will be my first triathlon!
2008-06-10 3:13 PM
in reply to: #1453228

User image

NH

Slugger - 2008-06-09 5:40 AM I'll be there - this will be my first triathlon!

AWESOME!  You'll have a great time.

For anyone out there on the fence, jump in now.  The spots are filling up.  There is room for 200 entrants which filled up completely last year.

2008-07-09 7:45 PM
in reply to: #1360701

User image

This was my third tri this season (and 3rd tri ever), and I plan on doing it again next year... I was the only one wearing the BeginnerTriathlete.com tee shirt before the race.. I was looking for others, but didn't see anyone else there.

This was a pretty good swim, my first OWS ever... didn't get too bruised up and the water was crystal clear! I will be coming back to this place to relax, a very nice peaceful area! The bike was pretty close to flat as you can get but starting out going uphill was very difficult for me (I fell over trying to get cliped in). The run was pretty good too, not to flat, but not too many hills either!

The only downside to this tri was the amount of spectators in the transition area. This looks like an event that will get bigger and bigger every year!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Give Peace A Tri - Sprint Triathlon (Keene, NH) Rss Feed