General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pretty new in Katy, Texas Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-05-04 7:00 PM

User image

Katy, TX
Subject: Pretty new in Katy, Texas

Well, I am pretty new here and was wondering if there is anyone from Katy, Texas or just anyone that is willing to talk about how they got started.

I am starting to train for my first TRI in SEPT, the "Cinco Ranch Tri."

It is a sprint triathlon and I think it is perfect to cut my teeth on since I live three min from the race course!

Thanks, Nick

2008-05-04 8:10 PM
in reply to: #1380968

User image

Expert
Spring (Houston), TX
Subject: RE: Pretty new in Katy, Texas

Hey Nick,

Welcome to the sport and BT! Cinco Ranch was my first tri too.

I'd recommend you get involved with Houston Racing Tri Club (houstonracing.com). Lots of group training and great people in the Katy area and around the city. I live in Spring, but would be glad to help anyway I can.

There are a ton of great races in the area. You might also look at The Stephanie Johnson or even Jeff and Bredes. Both have a shorter swim (something most dread). J&B is put on in July by Houston Racing. The Steph is on Sept 7 and is a very short race (200 yd pool swim, 6 mile bike, 2 mile run) so a great into to the sport and tune up for Cinco 2 weeks later. I'm the RD for The Steph, so please forgive the promo. We are raising money for cancer research and to help families who are battling cancer - needless to say I'm pretty passionate about it.

No matter what you choose, I look forward to meeting you. I'm at every race I can be either racing, volunteering or cheering my kids on. This stuff gets in your blood.

Best of luck!

Greg

2008-05-05 9:56 AM
in reply to: #1380968

User image

Extreme Veteran
Round Rock, Texas
Subject: RE: Pretty new in Katy, Texas
Send Joe and/or Bonnie (Freeswimmingfish or MrsFish) a PM.  They live in Katy.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pretty new in Katy, Texas Rss Feed