Other Resources My Cup of Joe » need help with MP3 player Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2005-01-07 8:49 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northeast Ohio
Subject: need help with MP3 player
Ok, so not really a tri question, but it's driving me crazy. I begged my husband for an MP3 player for Christmas because running with the CD player was causing it to skip all over the place. He came through with an adorable little MPIO player smaller than a Zippo lighter and a gift card for 50 downloads from Napster. I've been able to rip my cds and get them to play just fine on the player, but when I download my legal Napster tunes, they will load onto the player but not play. Anybody else have this problem? I'm using the Window's Media Player and they will play fine on my computer, just not on my MP3 player. I love the little contraption and can't wait to hear the songs from Napster.

Thanks for any advice!

Debi

2005-01-07 9:07 AM
in reply to: #100295

User image

Pro
Los Angeles, CA
Subject: RE: need help with MP3 player
Is there an error message?  Does it play but no sound? 
2005-01-07 9:23 AM

Champion
I'm only guessing, since I've never downloaded anything from Napster (at least not since they were forced to go "legal"). When the downloaded song is in Windows Media Player, look at the media type first and make sure it is actually an mp3 file. How are you doing the file transfer from your computer to the MP3 player, is it just a "drag and drop" process or is some program like Media Player or a program that came with the MP3 player doing the transfer? Is the MP3 player connected to the computer via USB port? If so, and it shows up as an additional drive while connected, go into MY COMPUTER on your desktop, find one of the Napster files on the MP3 player, right click on it and select PROPERTIES, and see if the file is a MP3 type. This is all just to make sure it hasn't been changed to a wav or wma file somewhere along the line.
2005-01-07 9:32 AM

Rochester New York
To add to that, If infact it is some other type of file, wma, mp4, flac, sht etc (their are tons!!!). I use to use winamp to convert my files. But you could use whatever you are ripping your cds with. You should be able to go to options, and find a way to make sure that your output will be converted into mp3 format.
sean
2005-01-07 9:57 AM

User image

Master
Dayton, Minnesota
Bronze member

I've had a pretty similar problem, yes! I also have an mpio player, and also download from Napster. When I got the player, it came with the CD to install MPIO Manager, which is what they want you to use to load songs, of course. On myCD, however, was a driver to install that will allow you to successfully load/play .wma files on the player using Windows Media Player. It's been a while now since I did this (over a year) and I don't have the CD in front of me, so I'm sorry that I can't be more specific than that, but if you install the driver off the CD, you should be able to use Windows Media Player. I bought my player at least 18 months ago, so the process may have changed since then, but hopefully not.

Oh...wait...The brain fog is lifting and I'm also remembering that there are downloads on the mpio site, I think. Check out this and see if one of these plug-ins helps.

http://www.mpio.com/download/plugin_down.php

You might also find answers in the FAQ section. Good luck!

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » need help with MP3 player Rss Feed