General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Racing on consecutive weeks Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-06-08 12:30 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: Racing on consecutive weeks

My next (okay, second) triathlon is scheduled for July 20th, but there is one on the 13th (Leadville, CO) that intrigues me due to its location (10000 feet on the Rocky Mountains).  Is a week enough time for your body to recoup?  It would be a spint triathlon on the 13th and an Olympic (which I haven't done) on the 20th. 

2008-06-08 1:21 PM
in reply to: #1452371

User image

Veteran
Jackson, MS
Subject: RE: Racing on consecutive weeks

If you think you can do it go for it. I started training for triathlons in May...and did my first one may 31st, mini-sprint. And then did an olympic (only 800m swim though) on june 7th this past saturday. And i am planning on one this upcoming weekend due to the location. Its all up to you. My body is used to re-couping pretty fast and i normally feel 100% again after two days of rest/light workouts.  You should be fine, and if you go out there to have fun you will. Good Luck!

-andrew

2008-06-08 1:27 PM
in reply to: #1452371

User image

Champion
Michigan
Subject: RE: Racing on consecutive weeks

This was posted yesterday....

ouradventure - 2008-06-07 4:41 PM I have a quick question. I'm doing a sprint tri in Aug. and thinking about doing a run/bike/run DU the weekend before my tri. The distances of the DU are 4/14/4. Is this a good idea? Or, should I just forget about the DU and focus on the taper week before my tri? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

This was my answer, and it is the same for two tris, or two races of any sort...

It all depends on your goals. There are people that do two races in ONE weekend, or a few that do four in one weekend (the TTT) or like me, do three marys in 3 days...

If you want to go fast in both, it may not happen. If you want to use one as a training day and race the other, that's usually a better option, but people do race back to back all the time.

GOOD LUCK and most importantly, HAVE FUN!!

The only difference with you is the toughness of that first race...that's gonna take more out of you than one at lower elevations. But if your goal is just to do the races and have fun....then go for it!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Racing on consecutive weeks Rss Feed