General Discussion Triathlon Talk » OCS cycling time trial near Durham Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-07-07 7:04 PM

User image

Master
Chapel Hill, NC
Subject: OCS cycling time trial near Durham
Every 2nd tuesday of the month during the tri season, there is a cycling time trial at the Orange County Speedway in Rougemont, NC, which is about 20 minutes north of Durham. Directions to the site and information is on their website:
http://fsseries.com/time_trial_osc_bicycle.php

There is another time trial race tomorrow: Tuesday July 8 at 6:30 pm. I am planning on doing this race (again). Aside from being really low key and fun, it’s a great test of your cycling fitness. I just heard from the guys at Finish Strong, and the race is on. If weather changes their plans, it will be posted on their website. (not sure if the note would be on their home page, or the time trial page, so here's a link to home page http://www.fsseries.com)

You do not have to pre-register. You can register onsite for $25 race fee. They list specific start times based on estimated speed on their site (6:30, 7:00, and 7:30). This race is very low key, so don't worry about getting there at exactly the right time. Just show up and have fun!

This time last year, the weather outlook was exactly the same…a threat of thunderstorms. I went anyway, there was no rain, and I had a great time!

Oh, and you will be completely safe from malicious drivers on the track during this race!

Note: Finish Strong is the company that puts these races on. I do not work for them... They are a new event production company, and I like to help spread the word about their races! I like the idea of having another company putting on triathlons. Setup is great, of course, but whenever there's competition in the marketplace, everyone wins!

Edited by keyone 2008-07-07 7:15 PM

2008-07-08 6:15 AM
in reply to: #1513052

User image

Master
Chapel Hill, NC
Subject: RE: OCS cycling time trial near Durham
Never mind, it's been cancelled due to low interest. Darn!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » OCS cycling time trial near Durham Rss Feed