General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Yo-Yo weight gain and loss.. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-01-27 11:29 AM

Veteran
Denver
Subject: Yo-Yo weight gain and loss..
Does anyone else experience extreme yo-yo weight gain and loss? Are there any major health concerns and will encourage me to stop this ugly cycle. For the most part I stay active year long, sometimes I train real hard but I am always out there doing something. The problem is my diet. When I get inspired I will switch to a quasi vegitarian diet and eat really well for a few months. Then I fall off the wagon hard. I end up visiting my family and eating 5,000 calorie meals, I'm not exagerating here.

An example for this year alone. In May I weighed 210. By August during tri season I was down to 178. At Thanksgiving I was 192 and I'm now up to 200 again. It's been like this since I gradutated high school. I actually gained 80 pounds my freshmen year.

I need to stop this and stay focused year round.

2005-01-27 11:45 AM
in reply to: #109028

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas
Subject: RE: Yo-Yo weight gain and loss..

My .02

The changes you make are real drastic from the sound of things.  I would try just cutting back on sugar and fat..

The other thing I would do is keep a journal of what you are eating daily for a couple weeks.  Then take a look at it every Sunday.  It will give you a better understanding of what you are putting in your mouth.  It will also make you more aware of what you put in your mouth before you do it. 

Increase your fiber and cut back on portions.

These are small changes that can change the way you feel about food.  I think you have to find a plan that is more of lifestyle change and not a diet.    

These comments were made not knowing about everything with regards to your food but I hope you get something from it.

Good Luck Dave

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Yo-Yo weight gain and loss.. Rss Feed