General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Profile AquaCell Bottle / Hydration Q, etc. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-07 8:24 AM

User image

Master
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Subject: Profile AquaCell Bottle / Hydration Q, etc.

So nothing like waiting till the 11th hour.  I purchased the Profile Aquacell since it offered more capacity. 

I have Vision aero bars and is it just me or is that thing not fitting right or do I just need to jam it in there better? 

I'm doing an Oly on Sunday and only have the smaller Profile bottle which I think will be woefully inadequate for hydration and am not sure what to do to supplement?

Any other ideas?

I also purchased the Profile rear seat mount two bottle holder but am not sure how you use that and carry a tool kit? 

Do people carry tool kits on Oly distance races in case of flats?

Sorry to blather with questions.......

2008-08-07 8:29 AM
in reply to: #1587264

User image

Extreme Veteran
Kansas City, MO
Subject: RE: Profile AquaCell Bottle / Hydration Q, etc.

http://www.profile-design.com/products/hydration/aerodrink-bracket/

I use the bracket referenced in the link above (only have the single cell bottle, but the same bracket appears to fit both bottles).  Even so, it sometimes works its way a little loose if the ride is bumpy, so I do the trick with the two fat "rubber bands" that came with the bottle and that seems to keep it in place nicely.  There's a velcro strap that comes with the bracket, but I found that to be completely useless as it works it's way out of the holder after the first bump you hit.

2008-08-07 8:47 AM

User image

I purchased the same aqua cell for my Cervelo and also bought the bracket.  I can not get the aqua cell in and out of the bracket...there is not enough clearance.  I too use the fat rubberbands to fasten it to my aero bars.

In my last olympic dist I only filled the aqua cell and it seemed to be enough fluids for me.  It holds quite a bit but depending on the temp at race time you may want more.

Good luck!

2008-08-07 9:00 AM

User image

Resident Curmudgeon
The Road Back
Gold member

You have a 44-oz. aerobottle and are looking to install a two-bottle rear-seat mount? Are you doing an Olympic or going on three-day maneuvers in the desert?

Cool

2008-08-07 9:03 AM
in reply to: #1587355

User image

Master
Ann Arbor, Michigan
the bear - 2008-08-07 10:00 AM

You have a 44-oz. aerobottle and are looking to install a two-bottle rear-seat mount? Are you doing an Olympic or going on three-day maneuvers in the desert?

Cool

Money mouth I should have clarified ....I meant I would use one or the other.  Heh heh.  I had heard someone comment the two cell bottle made their bars feel "top heavy" 

I know never try something new in a race but due to circumstances, this is a "going thru the motions" event.  I'm well enough trained but the spirit's a bit lacking .....

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Profile AquaCell Bottle / Hydration Q, etc. Rss Feed