General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to the Forum...Starting Tri Training for next season Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-10 7:16 AM

Veteran
Cornwall, PEI
Subject: New to the Forum...Starting Tri Training for next season

Hello,

I am from PEI, Canada. I am starting to train for triathlons in the upcoming season. I have always been into sports but nothing like this. I have done some running events, kayaking events but nothing like this before.

My love for mountain biking and running was one of the reasons I figured I might as well give this a try....along with a few buddy`s from work ofcourse.

I am looking forward to the long winter months of training to prepare for my first sprint on June 1st!

2008-08-11 12:13 PM
in reply to: #1592612

User image

Master
Chapel Hill, NC
Subject: RE: New to the Forum...Starting Tri Training for next season
Welcome to BT! Good luck with your training - I'm sure your running and mtn bike background will make it easy for you! Tho, I bet you don't get much bike time during the Canadian winters! Maybe a good idea to focus on your swimming during the winter. Happy workouts!
2008-08-11 1:08 PM
in reply to: #1594501

Veteran
Cornwall, PEI
Subject: RE: New to the Forum...Starting Tri Training for next season

keyone - 2008-08-11 12:13 PM Welcome to BT! Good luck with your training - I'm sure your running and mtn bike background will make it easy for you! Tho, I bet you don't get much bike time during the Canadian winters! Maybe a good idea to focus on your swimming during the winter. Happy workouts!

Thank you very much. Winters do make it hard to train year round outside, but I have to thank the creator of bike trainers and treadmills for helping me out.

Swimming is going to be my biggest struggle that is for sure, so I am trying to put in as much time as possible towards it. I am going to go swimming at least 3 times per week to get my endurance up and hopefully feel more confident once I see progress.

I am having a blast training for a Triathlon, I can`t wait to actually go in one!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to the Forum...Starting Tri Training for next season Rss Feed