General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Im going to do it Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-21 8:46 PM

User image

Expert
oregon ave,
Subject: Im going to do it

I wrote this in my training log today-just felt like sharing it. 

"OK, well my first HIM is done and it was great!  Very surreal looking back at it now.  Almost like I watched someone else do it.  Did I do that, or was that a dream?  A very unfamiliar feeling, but I like it.  After the race and for the next few days, I didn't have the excitement or urgency to do another one or even my long term goal of doing a full im.  In fact, I felt very content, like I could just stop doing tris all together and that would be OK.  This went on until today.  Today I went for nice, easy run to keep loose and it became clear to me during my run.  After much, too much thought about every reason why I can't do a IM, and believe me there are a lot of reasons not to, I've decied to go ahead and do one next year.  I am going to sign up for Ironman Kentucky 2009."

I plan to be here for another year.  This site has helped me go from a used to be pot head, smoker, drinker, totally out of shape couch potato, with almost zero athletic background, to doing a half ironman in 2 years and now to a full ironman in my third year.  Thanks BT and for everyone's advice for the last two year's!  I look forward to another year of working my tail off.

2008-08-21 9:32 PM
in reply to: #1620190

User image

Extreme Veteran
Jenison , MI
Subject: RE: Im going to do it
You go man... I would love to hear how things go for you..

If you had talked to me last March/April I had a plan. I was to run at least one Oly this year, a HIM next year and a full IM the year after.
This was when I was training for a full marry, and had not gone long yet. Up to that point I had only done a 25K race for my longest but damn it I had dreams.

Well, at the end of May I did my marry, it was painfull, the hardest thing I have ever done. At that point I said I would never do another one and the thought of doing one after doing over 100 mile in swim and bike was like a bad dream.

Now I have not (at lest yet, need to come up with some extra cash) done my Oly this year. But in 3 weeks I'll do my 3rd sprint and I'm loving it. Will be doing the HIM next fall so if you look at that, I'm still on track for that full the year after. Oh, and I'm doing another full marry in Oct. lol What can I say I like pain I guess.

Good luck to you man, I want to hear all about it.

Edited by fsr402 2008-08-21 9:34 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Im going to do it Rss Feed