General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Guess I should go ahead and take the plunge Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-10-02 6:31 PM

User image

Pflugerville
Subject: Guess I should go ahead and take the plunge

Ok so I have been a long time reader of the form and guess I should have done this sooner.  Been training my butt off this summer to get ready to do the Longhorn this Sunday.  Wanted to be able meet some people from this board after the race so I might be able to find some people to work out with to get ready for next season.  I guess since this is an introduction page I will go into a little about myself.  I am married and father of 4 wonderful girls, so kinda makes working out difficult to find time for.  I live in Pflugerville Texas, and am a die-hard Longhorn fan.  I have been a competitive swimmer up unitl about 8 years ago but have kept swimming by myself.  I did a couple of triathlons when I was fresh out of high school but decided to finally get back into and started training in January.  I did my first tri at the Capitol of Texas and did 4 others this summer and will cap it all of with the Longhorn this sunday.  I am very excited but also very nervous about getting off the bike and starting the run. My goals for this weekend 1 finish the race, 2 be under 6 hours, 3 would go absolutly crazy if I were to go under 5:40.  Hope to meet and see people from the board out at this weekends event.  I will be number 590

2008-10-03 12:23 PM
in reply to: #1713553

User image

Master
Chapel Hill, NC
Subject: RE: Guess I should go ahead and take the plunge
Good luck this weekend! I know all about the sub 6 hour HIM goal (haven't yet met it). Try looking in the texas forum. You are more likely to make local connectoins there.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/forum-view.asp?...

(to find the texas forum without the above link, click on the forum heading US Group Training and Who's Racing Forums)
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Guess I should go ahead and take the plunge Rss Feed