Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Calling amatuer photogs, artists, designers and writers. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2008-12-29 1:51 PM

User image

Champion
Urbandale, IA
Subject: Calling amatuer photogs, artists, designers and writers.

Triathlons For Transplants and My Angel Network, two grassroots organizations that work to raise awareness to the need for organ donors are combining on a project that we need some help with. 

We need our friends in the arts to come up with an artistic representation of "faith".  The concept is yours to imagine.  It need not be religious faith, or any other accepted definition of the term.  We feel the concept of faith, like hope, takes a different tint for everyone.  These items will be used to create a calendar which will be sold to raise money for teams going to the U.S. Transplant games in Madison, Wi in July of 2010.  Photogs, please make sure you follow copyright and permission restrictions if human subjects are in your photos, artists may use any medium that will fit on a page in the form of a print (let's stay away from pop-up calendars, though I was a big fan as a kid).  Designers can lean towards mosaics or other representations as they see fit.  Writers can turn in prose or poetry that will be superimposed on a background.  Writer's may feel free to choose their own public domain background or leave that to us.  Depending on the number and quality of entries, we will do one, two or three versions of the calendar.  Submission will be judged by the members of the board of directors of the two organizations without any names or backstories attached until after the selection process.  Credit will be given on both organizations websites as well as in the calendar and on advertising (it may be your big break).  There will also be a future show of submissions relating to another word that will actually be of the originals of works. 

The payment for all submissions, whether selected or not, is one of the calendars and an incredibly wonderful feeling that you will have helped someone that could otherwise not afford to travel to this life-changing event, get there and tell their story.  They may, like I did, get the opportunity to meet their donor family. 

If you would like to submit, or have questions as to submissions for either Triathlons For Transplants or My Angel Network, please feel free to e-mail [email protected].

I hope those that choose to participate in this have fun doing so and find some inspiration and their own brand of faith in the process.  Faith is a huge part of Organ Donation for both the donors families and the recipients.  Their own brand of faith gets them to the point of transplantation and through the after phases of the process. 

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Calling amatuer photogs, artists, designers and writers. Rss Feed