General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Fit Shop Recommendations Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-01-03 11:41 AM

User image

Joplin
Subject: Bike Fit Shop Recommendations

Hello,

To help improve my life on the bike I am researching bike fit sessions. I thought I would check with the locals here and see if anyone had impressions of two shops I found in Springfield, Missouri. One is Sunshine Bike and they use the Retül Fit system. Another fit location is Body Mechanix Athletics (BMAX) which uses a CompuTrainer for stroke analysis, as well as video and laser light measurements for proper bike fit.

I have not found anyone in Joplin, Missouri that does bike fitting and found the two above mentioned locations. I am open to other locations around the state, but thought it would be nice to use a fairly local establishment. I do see that Maplewood in St. Louis is offering an off-season discount on Retül fit sessions, but this may be old or a mistake as their site states they will soon have their 2008 fit menu up soon.

Thank you for taking the time to read and offer any comments or thoughts on local establishments for bike fit sessions.

Michael

2009-04-09 11:31 PM
in reply to: #1884170

New user

Subject: RE: Bike Fit Shop Recommendations
I know in Kansas City there is Elite Cycling.

Jeff at Elite is the best bike fitter I have come across.  I know of one professional Ironman who uses Elite and a lot of top triathletes in the KC area are working with this shop. 

www.elitecycling.com

I would say they are worth the trip.
2009-04-11 4:52 PM
in reply to: #1884170

User image

Extreme Veteran
Kansas City, MO
Subject: RE: Bike Fit Shop Recommendations
Ditto on Jeff and Elite Cycling - he did my fit and it was amazing.  Almost everyone I know has gone to him and had nothing but positive things to say about it.  It sounds like it would be a bit of a drive, but I think it would be well worth it.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Fit Shop Recommendations Rss Feed