General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Beginner Triathelete mentor program? Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-01-07 10:22 PM

Lamar
Subject: Beginner Triathelete mentor program?

I Live in Lamar, Co Elevation lowest city/town in the state.

I have been biking consistently since the 1st of June 2008 Started doing that when I looked at the scale and saw 211 pounds I am 5'11" and my youngest son asked me if I was pregnant. During that time I have lost around 46 pound lowest I got was 165 and have been battling 175-170 over the winter and holiday food.

I did 2 legs of our towns version of a tri-athlon  on a team just schedule to do one but one team member did show up in the 5k run. I found that breath takingly exhilarating and wanted more.

I was reading about the  Beginner Tri-athelete  menter forum and this sounds great. I am just a little nervous on getting envolved because not wanting to disappoint the menter and myself. The town I live in doesn't have an indoor pool so I have to wait until the pool opens the nearest  indoor pool is in La Junta and hour away.

I am also suffering from a nagging calf injury/ cramp. which to me is the biggest problem at this time. With this nagging injury would it be better to hold off on joining this mentor program at this time or to try it

My goals for 2009 are a 1/2 Marathon, 100 plus bike ride, at least 1 tri-athlon.

2009-01-08 1:31 AM
in reply to: #1893976

User image

Master
Almost Canada, WA
Subject: RE: Beginner Triathelete mentor program?

Bryce, just jump in!  There are lots of people who have obstacles in their training plans but that's what is so great about this site and all the people...you just do what you can and get/give support!  I am a huge fan of the mentor program and the challenges ~ just be sure to post your work outs in your log and take advantage of all this site has to offer (and meet some great peeps in the process!)

Also, congrats on what you've achieved thus far ~ that's awesome!!

Where is Lamar?  I just moved from Centennial CO back in April.

Edited by Happychick 2009-01-08 1:32 AM
2009-01-08 8:00 AM

Lamar

Lamar, Colorado is in the Southeast Corner of the state about 35 miles from the Kansas State line.

I have been posting my dailey logs started that when I found this sight. I have also been logging into runners world and I have been keeping a personal log I made up on an excel program.

2009-01-08 8:21 AM

User image

Master
Loveland, Ohio

Welcome to BT.  I totally agree with HappyChick.  We seek mentorship not because we've got it together but precisely because we don't.

So, go on up there to that forum, find an open one you like, introduce yourself and let's get rolling!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Beginner Triathelete mentor program? Rss Feed