General Discussion Triathlon Talk » White Lake Recommendations Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-01-28 1:33 PM

New user

Subject: White Lake Recommendations
I managed to get myself registered for the second White Lake sprint. I am very excited as it will be my second triathlon but my first "big" one with an open water swim. I am planning on going down early on the 9th so that I can watch the half ironman, and staying over Saturday night. Does anyone have a good recommendation for lodging? I was looking at all of the little motels and thinking they would be perfect but wanted to see if anyone had thoughts towards a "best" one, preferably close to the water so that the hubby can do some fishing on Saturday!

2009-01-28 1:50 PM
in reply to: #1933895

Master
Charlotte, NC
Subject: RE: White Lake Recommendations
I don't have recs but when I booked my lodging at the beginning of January, a lot of stuff was already booked so I wouldn't wait too much longer.
2009-01-30 6:11 AM

User image

Master
Chapel Hill, NC
I stayed in one of the motel rooms of the White Lake Motel and Campgrounds last year, and it was great. Very clean, basic accommodations, and close to race site. I booked it in January ...had to try and call several times before someone answered the phone, because I don't think they staff their office much in the off season. So, keep trying...

http://www.whitelakenc.com/wlmotel&campground.htm

P.O. Box 7090
White Lake, NC 28337
Phone: 910-862-3947

White Lake Motel and Campground is 9 acres of campsites located on the beautiful shores of White Lake. Our campground has 170 camp sites, most of which are year-round sites. Our lots are 30' x 50' and will accommodate only RV's. We pride ourselves with family oriented people.

Our motel consists of 20 rooms all with double occupancy. Rooms have recently been renovated and are equipped with small refrigerators and microwaves. Also, we have 2 mobile homes available for weekly rentals.

If you want to enjoy a laid back family vacation, White Lake Motel and Campground is the place to be. Check us out!!

Edited by keyone 2009-01-30 6:15 AM
2009-01-30 7:50 AM

Veteran
I don't know where I am staying yet, but I will be in the half on May 9. I am riding the bike portion of my teams relay and bolting for my dad's retirement party.
2009-01-31 7:31 PM
in reply to: #1936958

User image

Regular
Charlotte, NC
I agree, I stayed in the hotel as well. Small but useful. The cabins there all have about 10 people in them with no heat or air and 1 public shower. I highly recommend a few extra bucks for the hotel.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » White Lake Recommendations Rss Feed