General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » new to Iowa and new to the world of triathlons Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-02-17 11:01 PM

New user

Subject: new to Iowa and new to the world of triathlons

A job offer I couldn't refuse has recently caused me to uproot from Northeastern, PA to Cedar Rapids, IA.  My goal since I hit 30 last July was to do a sprint tri before I hit 31. Being new to the area and not knowing many people yet has allowed me to really focus on my fitness and I joined this site because I am really excited about the sense of personal satisfaction I hope to receive by completing  one (or hopefully more) sprints this summer.  I'm competing in a biathlon this weekend and I'm hoping its a good measuring stick to see just what kind of shape I'm in at the moment.

2009-02-18 6:41 AM
in reply to: #1967750

User image

Davenport, IA
Subject: RE: new to Iowa and new to the world of triathlons
Welcome to Iowa, and to the site!  Cool that you're competing in a biathlon...where are you doing that?  There is what appears to be an awesome tri-club in CR, Midwest Extreme Tri or something along those lines.  They've always got a ton of people at races.  Bunch of good races coming up as well.  Pigman Sprint would be right in your neighborhood and is at the early part of June.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » new to Iowa and new to the world of triathlons Rss Feed