General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ironman wetsuit sizing...... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-03-23 6:54 PM

User image

Subject: Ironman wetsuit sizing......

Me: 6'2", 234#

Ironman XL suit (their largest size):  fits 6-6'6", 209 # plus.  Plus to what?  The next lower size fits 200-220.....

Any thoughts on if this suit will fit from those familiar with the brand?

[posted on product questions but only max responded, thought it might get more fish here]

Thanks
Chris

Edited by ChrisM 2005-03-23 6:54 PM

2005-03-23 7:57 PM
in reply to: #133394

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Ironman wetsuit sizing......
Chris,
I'm 6'2", 230. I bought my first wetsuit ever the other day. I tried on an Ironman XL. It was too big. As I remember, it was too loose around the neck and through the arms for me. I didn't try an L because the dimensions just didn't seem right.

I tried on an equivalent Orca S1 in sizes 10 and 11. 11 is more my size according to the charts, but the 10 fit much better.

So as far as Ironman, all I can say is that if you have a (relatively) skinny neck/upper chest and forearms like me, it may not fit right. These are very important dimensions (that's where water gets in) although they don't show up on the height/weight charts.

Moral of the story is, in my limited experience, it will be hard to tell according to the size charts if a suit will fit you or not. I think the only real way is to try one on, whether you're doing it online and through the mail, or in a retail store.

Mike
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ironman wetsuit sizing...... Rss Feed