Australian Triathlon Forum Western Australia » Mock Race Day Distances Rss Feed  
Moderators: kaqphin, alicefoeller Reply
2009-03-03 7:59 PM

New user

Subject: Mock Race Day Distances
Does anyone ever do a mock race day a few weeks before the race where you cover all the distances in one day. Is it good to do 6 weeks before or 4 weeks?... or not at all?

2009-03-03 11:10 PM
in reply to: #1995349

User image

Expert
Perth, Australia
Subject: RE: Mock Race Day Distances

Hi Tracey

I've only done a couple of sprints so haven't.  You could try searching the forums to see if this thread has come up before.   Have you had any luck with a wetsuit yet?

Daisy

2009-03-04 12:55 AM
in reply to: #1995761

New user

Hi

I've had a quick look at the Forums and will try again later, no luck yet on the wet suit ... In london you used to be able to rent them from the Tri Shops... I could kick myself as I sold my Orca when i left London - thinking i was all done with tri's. Are you going to do the H.I.M?

I think my orca was a size 5... im 162cmin height, 8-10 in clothing. Know of anyone who is prepared to rent / lend?

2009-03-05 3:26 AM

User image

Expert
Perth, Australia
'fraid not - I've only done sprints so no wetsuit and don't know of anywhere that rents them.  Not at the HIM stage yet, thought about doing the cycle as part of a team but I'm going to be in the UK visiting my in-laws in Orpington.  Tris never really hit my radar when I lived in the UK,   into climbing and skiing then.  There is one in Edinburgh on New Year's Day but always thought that was for severe masochists.  Now, of course, I want to do it when I'm next in the UK for Christmas.  This year the temperature was a balmy 2C.  You could phone one of the tri shops and see if they know who could rent you one.  Good luck
2009-06-15 9:41 PM
in reply to: #1995799

im from bunbury, we dont have tri shops down here, but i do a bit of diving - the dive shops have all sorts of short / long wetsuits, and in different thicknesses, and they are all for hire.
not sure if any of them are suitable to complete a tri in, but it may be worth a look
2009-06-21 6:30 AM

User image

Perth, WA
I quite often use brick sessions as part of my training, and it helps a lot.
It doesn't matter too much when you do it, just don't over do it.
I find going for a 20km ride followed by a 5km run makes you get used to those 'jelly' legs and you will find yourself running faster 'off the bike'. I tend not to worry about the swim/bike but you can do a swim/run down at the beach easily enough. The principle is the same.

Any questions just send me a PM, I will be glad to help.

New Thread
Australian Triathlon Forum Western Australia » Mock Race Day Distances Rss Feed