General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike shop with good shoe pedal selection Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-03-11 3:53 PM

Subject: Bike shop with good shoe pedal selection

It's almost birthday time and I am flip floping between shoes/pedals or wetsuit.  I'am thinkg I would get more use out of shoes/pedals.

That being said the selection in the LBS is very slim.  I would like to try on some Sidi T2, Specialized Trivent and LG's.  I tried some Shimano tr30 and did not like the fit.

Everything is a drive so I accept that, Lansing is about 45 minutes for me and Rochester/Aubrun hills area is also 45 minutes or so.  So I am looking for suggestions on stores to try.  I do prefer to buy in a store and keep the money going semi local.  Plus this would be my first pair of biking shoes and do not know how they fit.

I guess when I am at it, I am pretty sold on Time RXS pedals, based on reviews.  I do see Look KEO in a lot of adds and comments on this site.  Is there a big difference in them or are they pretty much the same.

Thanks

Joe

Edited by Puppetmaster 2009-03-11 3:55 PM

2009-03-11 4:51 PM
in reply to: #2011794

User image

Extreme Veteran
Milford, MI
Subject: RE: Bike shop with good shoe pedal selection
Well, the only place I've been to is BikeSport in Dearborn so I can't compare to anything else.  They are extremely knowledgeable there, though, and I had a very good experience.  I appreciated that they didn't try to talk me into buying top of the line.  They knew I was entry level, so entry level is what they recommended.
2009-03-12 1:24 PM
in reply to: #2011794

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lake Effect Snow Country
Subject: RE: Bike shop with good shoe pedal selection
Fraser Bike (in Fraser...) has both Sidi and Specialized and others too. I suppose its not that convenient, but if you are going to drive 45 minutes you might as well drive another 15.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike shop with good shoe pedal selection Rss Feed