General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help Save Lives Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-03-12 1:18 PM

User image

Regular
Denver Colorado
Subject: Help Save Lives
Hello fellow Triathletes-

Well, as some of you know, I am now addicted to triathlons...so now I figured I'd put my addiction to good use for a great cause!
Without a doubt, I am getting ready for the biggest challenge of my life. On Sunday, August 9 2009 @ 6:30 am, I will be racing a triathlon in BoulderColorado! That’s 70.3 miles, (a Swim of 1.2 miles, a Bike of 56 miles, and a Run of 13.1 miles), and yes all at once. Luckily, I am not doing this on my own. I have joined the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training program. Through this program, I have great coaches, mentors and teammates whose support will help me cross the finish line.

More importantly even than my physical commitment to the program is my commitment to raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in its effort to battle Leukemia and related cancers. These diseases strike some 107,000 Americans each year and acute leukemia is the number one cause of death of children under the age of 15.

One of the greatest contributions of the Society is toward research. Significant progress has been made in the treatment of this disease, and researchers are now optimistic that they will find a cure by 2015!

I am not just doing this race for the Society. I'm doing this race in honor of those I have lost to cancer. For some of you who know me well, you know that I lost my grandmother to cancer in 1995 and I lost my father to cancer in 2002. The devastation, heartache and pain cancer brings to this world is almost unbearable, but I've decided that that I can make a difference.

Research is the key to finding a cure, and funding for this research is essential. I have set a personal goal to raise $2700 toward this effort.

I am raising funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) as a participant in their Team In Training program by doing the 5430 LONG COURSE TRIATHLON in Boulder CO (Half Ironman) and I'm asking you to help by making a donation to my fundraising campaign. A crazy long race, but it's all worth it to for the greater good of helping those who are battling these blood cancers

Please use the link in this email to donate online quickly and securely plus learn more about my progress.  You will receive a confirmation of your donation by email and I will be notified as soon as you make your donation.
http://pages.teamintraining.org/rm/5430ltri10/swetstine

Each donation helps accelerate finding a cure for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. More than 823,000 Americans are battling these blood cancers.   I am hoping that my participation in Team In Training will help bring them hope and support.

On behalf of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, thank you very much for your kind thoughts, your time, and consideration to this cause

If possible, please make your donation by July 28th so I can monitor my fundraising efforts. However, I will continue to accept donations until the day of the race.

Thank you so much for your support and generosity!

P.S. I would appreciate it if you would forward this email to as many people as you can to encourage them to donate as well.Please visit my website for more info and the latest news on my progress! http://pages.teamintraining.org/rm/5430ltri10/swetstine

Thanks again.

Sean-

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help Save Lives Rss Feed