General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Orthopedist? Plantar Fasciitis of the foot Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-04-05 8:46 PM

User image

Regular
New York City
Subject: Orthopedist? Plantar Fasciitis of the foot
Hello,
I self diagnosed myself as having Plantar Fasciitis using WebMD, it was surprisingly very accurate. It means basically pain in the side of the foot, stressing of the plantar fascia ligament, extending from the heel to the base of the toes. Its caused mainly by excessive use of the foot, usually running. I am in a real good groove as far as my training is concerned and really don't want to stop, i was able to run on it today with moderate discomfort, and could continue this way if it doesn't get any worse I think. My only concern is that it does get worse. I've started heating it but im in college and theres nearly no chance im gonna go see an orthopedist. Any orthopedists training? Anyone out there familiar with it, has had it, tried to train through it and have it go away or not go away? Thank you very much to anyone who has anymore info, this site has been so great in info and help so far.

2005-04-06 7:03 AM
in reply to: #138516

User image

Elite
In my bunk with new shoes and purple sweats.
Subject: RE: Orthopedist? Plantar Fasciitis of the foot
You need a slant board and to stretch, stretch, stretch.
2005-04-06 2:49 PM

User image

Master
Harvard, Illinois
I picked up a decent slant board at www.smiweb.org It was only $14.00 plus five bucks for shippng. It is made of foam. You might want to try walking around barefoot a little more. That way you can build up the muscles in the foot.

Mike
2005-04-07 7:48 AM

User image

Expert
Potomac, Maryland

I had Plantar Fascitus several years ago and for me what was deceptive was that it hurt terribly in the morning upon first waking, was a bit painful while walking, and hurt hardly at all while running.  These symptoms notwithstanding, it will only get worse if you continue running on it.  Here's what I did.  Rested it until pain went  away.  That means I did not run for a few weeks. Used gel heel insert cushions in my regular shoes to reduce impact of walking.  Avoided my regular shoes as much as possible (since I felt they were contributing to the problem) and wore most comfortable shoes I had (my running shoes).  When I resumed running I put gel heel cushions in my running shoes for several weeks for prevention.  Eventually I felt confident enough to dispense with them and have not had problems since.  Best advice though is to see a doctor if pain persists.

2005-04-07 10:19 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Home port
Subject: RE:I think this will help! Read on

Chris,   I will attach a file that will help you learn the true problem behind plantar fasciitis.  There's a website called www.tpmassageball.com.  You should check it out if you want to rid yourself of this problem.  As you will read, the posterior tibialis(muscle below your calf) loses its elasticity, tightens, and pulls on the connecting fascia on the bottom of the foot.  These are the symptoms you are actually feeling.  Literally thousands of people with your problem have been helped with the products from tp massage ball.  You can read the article and email me at [email protected] if you have any more questions.

Bryan

Attachments
----------------
plantar fasciitis!.htm (11KB - 40 downloads)
My_Testimonials.doc (24KB - 39 downloads)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Orthopedist? Plantar Fasciitis of the foot Rss Feed