General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New - Minneapolis Duathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-04-29 10:34 AM

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: New - Minneapolis Duathlon

I was looking at the Team Ortho site and saw there is a new Minneapolis Duathlon this August.  For a CHEAP $65 registration fee, you get a nice messenger backpack!  It's insane.

August 30th
Minneapolis (no course info on the site)
5K - 18 miles - 5K
http://www.teamortho.us/Minneapolis_Duathlon

I, of course, signed up.  Because you can't be registered for too many races...

2009-04-29 11:00 AM
in reply to: #2118236

User image

Extreme Veteran
Woodbury,
Subject: RE: New - Minneapolis Duathlon

I saw this show up on the schedule a couple months ago. Not much info on their site. I will be curious to see where they put this. 18 miles of 'urban' riding is, like, 3 or 4 laps around downtown, isn't it? Or maybe it is 40 laps around the dome.

Sounds like an interesting endish-of-season option. Pretty ambitious of them to be set up for 1200 participants for a du.

2009-04-29 11:12 AM
in reply to: #2118296

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

I agree - sounds kind of scary!  But exciting   They do a course downtown for the Great River Energy's Nature Valley Grand Prix.  Wonder if I should be practicing cornering.  My hope is they will send people on the river road.

Johnny Bee - 2009-04-29 11:00 AM

I saw this show up on the schedule a couple months ago. Not much info on their site. I will be curious to see where they put this. 18 miles of 'urban' riding is, like, 3 or 4 laps around downtown, isn't it? Or maybe it is 40 laps around the dome.

Sounds like an interesting endish-of-season option. Pretty ambitious of them to be set up for 1200 participants for a du.

2009-04-29 2:10 PM

User image

Minneapolis, MN
I heard the Nature Valley Grand Prix course is moving to Uptown!

I might sign up for this duathlon, sounds like a lot of fun and I like the idea of a race entry fee of only 65. Since they are giving away backpacks there is no way they will run out of smalls and I'll have yet another xl race tshirt
2009-04-29 4:08 PM
in reply to: #2118849

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

That is true, I just looked at the web site with the new route.  Seems even crazier than having it downtown.  I hope I can watch.

I know - I hate those dumb t-shirts.  I have a giant bin and I never wear any of them, even though I am usually lucky enough to get a medium.  I am not shaped like a dude!  They are not cute.

You should definitely sign up.

Slahmmer - 2009-04-29 2:10 PM I heard the Nature Valley Grand Prix course is moving to Uptown! I might sign up for this duathlon, sounds like a lot of fun and I like the idea of a race entry fee of only 65. Since they are giving away backpacks there is no way they will run out of smalls and I'll have yet another xl race tshirt

2009-06-19 12:35 PM

User image

Regular
Apple Valley
I'm registered!
Glad to see the routes are now posted.  This should be a fun event.

The hilly W. River Parkway section under 35W bridge has been recently resurfaced, so the
new blacktop will make for a speedy-fun decent Smile.  Should yield a smoother climb during the return loop too.

The Jersey mock-ups posted on the Team Ortho site look pretty cool!
Are these generally available/sold to competitors before or after the event?

(Caught the fitness bug this year - also signed up for my first Tri - Wingman.)

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New - Minneapolis Duathlon Rss Feed