General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hills of north of Clermont riding, parking in town of Montverde Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-05-26 4:31 PM

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member
Subject: Hills of north of Clermont riding, parking in town of Montverde
I was wondering if anyone has parked in the town of Montverde FL NE of Clermont while out riding the hills/roads in the area?  Say at Kirk Park or at Florence Park?

I've met some beginner triathletes that live in my neighborhood and would like to take them to Clermont area to ride the hills.  For now to keep the miles down I would like for us to start in Montverde instead of Clermont.

2009-05-26 5:56 PM
in reply to: #2174026

User image

Expert
Oakland, Fl
Subject: RE: Hills of north of Clermont riding, parking in town of Montverde
I live right outside Clermont and have the W. Orange trail/Lake Co trail at my doorstep.  I wouldn't mind meeting up with y'all (having my place as a meet spot)....but I am a beginner to the Clermont side of life.  On my mtn bike I head to Winter Garden, now I am getting my road bike (it's on order) and will be headed west to start training for Aqua Velo.
2009-05-26 7:16 PM
in reply to: #2174179

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member
I'm looking at ~ 20 miles of challenging riding for the first time out.  Here the route without Sugarloaf and here's with.  First time up I want to limit the miles as it will be a tough ride for them.  They are interested though as I said if you can ride this route, the local sprints/oly with be cake! 

I take it you're planning on doing the FL Challenge AV?  That's a tough but great 58 mile ride, I did the Assault on Sugarloaf ride last year.

I'll let you know what pans out for us heading up there, probably will be a few weeks out though.
2009-05-26 7:39 PM
in reply to: #2174026

User image

Expert
Oakland, Fl
Ok...on the 1st map....I live on the peninsula on the very south side of Lake Apopka in Oakland.  I see you have Buckhill road on your map...heeeheee.....I just did a scout out tour of the 58 miles on my motorcycle yesterday...when I got to Buckhill I just laughed.  At least you start out on top of the 1st hill....4  more to go.  Watch out on that road....it was covered in sand yesterday....if the rain keeps up, it might stay sandy.  

I can say right now, I am not sure my legs are up for the task of Buckhill or Sugarloaf mtn.  We'll see though.  My goal is the Aqua Velo on Sept 27. (1.2 mi swim and 56 mi bike).  Just let me know.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hills of north of Clermont riding, parking in town of Montverde Rss Feed