General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Saddle advice - perineal numbness Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-05-28 10:01 PM

Subject: Saddle advice - perineal numbness
I have had some issues with perineal numbness before and would like to avoid that in the future. I have looked at Specialized saddles and got sized. I should use a 143 sized road saddle. The problem comes in with the Tritip saddle(triathlon specific). It is designed with a padded nose for triathlon. But it only comes in a 130mm width. 

Am I better off getting the Tritip due to the extra padding or the 143 size road saddle. Has anyone had another solution to perineal numbness 

2009-05-28 10:40 PM
in reply to: #2180034

User image

Expert
Ocala, Florida
Subject: RE: Saddle advice - perineal numbness
Adamo saddle.....has worked for a number of members here including myself

http://www.ismseat.com/products.htm
2009-05-29 9:34 AM

Regular
I have the Selle SMP Glider saddle that totally eliminated the numbness issue I had with the stock P2 saddle.

http://www.trisports.com/selle-smp-glider-saddle.html

I tried the Adamo saddles when getting my fit, but I found the width of the nose to be chaffing.
2009-05-29 9:55 AM

User image

Expert
Lakeville, MN
Part of your answer depends on how you plan on riding on the saddle on your bike. The Tritip is designed w/ a longer, more padded nose than a traditional road saddle. This is because many hip forward riders tend to sneak up on the nose of a saddle, and rarely, if ever, actually ever sit back on the seat flare portion. If your desired tt position has you forward on a saddle nose, you may want to give the tritip a try (I've used it in the past and had good success). That being said, there are riders out there that don't like as much nose padding even though they ride nose forward. It's all personal. Sometimes, you just have a try out a few saddles to see what works best. For me, I use a Cobb V-Flow Plus saddle, and like it.
2009-06-01 4:06 AM

My vote is for the Adamo.

I have a Cervello P2C and the saddle that came with it (Stelle) gave me the same issues.  Had trouble holding the aero position for an hour or more.  Now, with really long rides (2 plus hours) its my neck that gives me the trouble, not my lower area.

It only took about 2 rides and now I'd never go back.

Even the saddle I have on my off-road bike that I use for heavy workouts, I'm thinking about changing over to the Adamo.  It just seems weird with the nose causing pressure now.

Haven't tried the V-Flow, so I can't say whether it would work.  But, I've read good reviews of it also.

Hope this helps.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Saddle advice - perineal numbness Rss Feed