General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Y Freedom Tri in Pearland June 28 question Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2009-06-28 7:11 PM
in reply to: #2198925

User image

Corpus Christi
Subject: RE: Y Freedom Tri in Pearland June 28 question
I had a great time. It was my first tri and I am officially hooked. The swim was a little crowded since I am an idiot and my est time was 2 minutes slower than I swam today. Well actually when I turned in the registration my time was 3 minutes slower than I wrote down. A lot of practice and a swim coach help out tremendously! I was doing my best day ever on bike, then as I am on the home stretch going back into the construction zone where we went back on the 2 lane road, I nailed one of those raised reflector speed bum thingys, bent my wheel and flatted out. I was devestated, I looked at it for a while trying to figure out what to do and finally said the heck with it. i am going to finish this race. I rode the rest of the way on a bent wheel with a flat. The rim is totally screwed now as I finished at a snails pace. I fished the race, walked more of the run than I wanted (tried to make up ground in the first mile dumb mistake) I finished 12 minutes faster than goal and feel like I really could have done well had I not had bike problems. I had an awesome time and will never forget my 1st one in Pearland Texas.

2009-06-28 7:27 PM
in reply to: #2248812

Regular
Newport Beach
Seminole_Coastie - 2009-06-28 6:57 PM

That was a fun race!  I finally got to meet a fellow BT'er in person, too.  Nice to meet you Keri! 

So how did everyone do?  I got really lucky and one my AG, but with a little help from the guy who should have come in first, but missed a turn. 

Congrats on a good race and the win.  I think that the guy you beat is Eric (Evondo) a fellow BT'er.

2009-06-28 7:48 PM
in reply to: #2248847

User image

Regular
Hollywood, FL
tridaringgreatly - 2009-06-28 7:11 PM I had a great time. It was my first tri and I am officially hooked. The swim was a little crowded since I am an idiot and my est time was 2 minutes slower than I swam today. Well actually when I turned in the registration my time was 3 minutes slower than I wrote down. A lot of practice and a swim coach help out tremendously! I was doing my best day ever on bike, then as I am on the home stretch going back into the construction zone where we went back on the 2 lane road, I nailed one of those raised reflector speed bum thingys, bent my wheel and flatted out. I was devestated, I looked at it for a while trying to figure out what to do and finally said the heck with it. i am going to finish this race. I rode the rest of the way on a bent wheel with a flat. The rim is totally screwed now as I finished at a snails pace. I fished the race, walked more of the run than I wanted (tried to make up ground in the first mile dumb mistake) I finished 12 minutes faster than goal and feel like I really could have done well had I not had bike problems. I had an awesome time and will never forget my 1st one in Pearland Texas.

Wow, that's a heck of a story for your first race!  Way to HTFU and not quit after going down and busting up your ride!  Nice job!  Congrats, triathlete!
2009-06-28 7:50 PM

User image

Regular
Hollywood, FL

He is.  I was dying to find out what happened to him on the bike leg, because I knew he had to have averaged better than 17.6 based on his time from last year.  I read his race report and found out he missed the last U-turn and rode something like 4 extra miles or someting.  Crazy.  If he doesn't miss that turn, he finishes well ahead of me.

2009-06-28 8:10 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, Texas
I followed pace booty for the bike trail. It never fails...even if you deviate from the path. Giggity giggity.

And as for finishing #1 in our AG:
http://www.entertonement.com/clips/rmpqgjgwvp--Oh-good-for-youChris...

For reals man, congratulations. It was not easy posting your numbers in that heat. If you're ever down for a BT-Houston area training day, I'm game. I need to steal your mojo.
2009-06-28 8:17 PM
in reply to: #2248969

User image

Regular
Hollywood, FL

Thanks, T.  Yeah man, we need get some BT training sessions organized 'round hea.  I'm planning on doing some OWS practice with the regulars at Twin or 288 as soon as possible.  Just pm me or hit everyone up on the thread about the OWS practice groups.

2009-06-29 9:08 AM
in reply to: #2248981

User image

Master
Houston
Wish I got to meet you guys at the race, didn't realize so many BTers were going to be there! Where do you train at? Most of my training is in the AM but I do hit up the picnic loop @memorial tues/thurs PM and long bikes sat or sun in Brookshire...

Seminole_Coastie - 2009-06-28 8:17 PM

Thanks, T.  Yeah man, we need get some BT training sessions organized 'round hea.  I'm planning on doing some OWS practice with the regulars at Twin or 288 as soon as possible.  Just pm me or hit everyone up on the thread about the OWS practice groups.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Y Freedom Tri in Pearland June 28 question Rss Feed  

of 2