General Discussion Triathlon Talk » carpool rides from Atlanta to Ironman Augusta 70.3 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-07-02 6:16 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: carpool rides from Atlanta to Ironman Augusta 70.3

To Ironman Augusta 70.3 BT'rs flying in to Atlanta:  Welcome to Georgia!  Please post here if you are interested in a round trip carpool ride.  Please be willing, if needed, to ride the $2 metro (MARTA train).  As the airport is south side of Atlanta and many triathletes live on the north side, this could save an hour or more in traffic.  Atlanta to Augusta is 150 miles, about 2 1/2 hours.

To Atlanta area resident BT'rs going to Ironman Augusta 70.3: here's our chance to give back a little.  Please post here, or private message reply, if you are willing to share a ride in your car, and space on your bike rack, with a fellow BT'r.  Please discuss if you are willing to pickup at the airport, and whether you're going to Augusta on Friday or Saturday, and approximately when you think you'll be returning (immediately after the race, a couple of hours after the race, Monday?).

I'll start.  I'm planning to drive down Saturday morning.  There are two of us in the car, we have room for one or two more (people and bikes).  I'm willing to pickup at the airport if you're flying in Saturday morning.  If you fly in Friday night, take MARTA or a taxi to a hotel in central or north Atlanta, and I'll pick you up there.  I'm planning to return Sunday evening, a few hours after the race.  I'll probably stop somewhere enroute at least once for restrooms and a snack. 

Bill

2009-07-02 7:40 PM
in reply to: #2259344

User image

The Original
Raleigh/Durham
Subject: RE: carpool rides from Atlanta to Ironman Augusta 70.3
If any BT'ers chose to fly into Augusta let me know- Since I'm local, I could probably make a few trips to the airport if needed if anyone was without a car.  Just let me know- I'm more than happy to help!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » carpool rides from Atlanta to Ironman Augusta 70.3 Rss Feed