General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking to rent/borrow a bike from someone around Ft. Lewis Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-07-13 11:58 PM

Regular
Fort Rucker, Alabama
Subject: Looking to rent/borrow a bike from someone around Ft. Lewis
Fort Lewis is hosting a sprint distance triathlon July 18th and also on Aug. 22nd. I really want to participate in either one as my first Tri but I'm really having a hard time biting the bullet to buy a bike for the event.

I've noticed people on here have said to beg steal or borrow a bike for your first tri if you can and this is my begging post Tongue out. I was sized up at a local bike shop for a 56-57cm bike.

I'd be willing to do a deposit or just about any form of bribery for someone to let me borrow a bike for the race. I'm in the military so I could also provide my unit and commander's name as extra assurance that you would for sure get it back.

Anyways, This post is just a try to be able to race without dropping $500+ on semi-short notice for a bike. Thanks for any and all help.

Nate

PS. My wife would be more willing to let me buy a bike if she saw I was going to use it... another reason for this post. 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking to rent/borrow a bike from someone around Ft. Lewis Rss Feed