General Discussion Triathlon Talk » how many workouts a week? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2004-03-25 5:42 PM
in reply to: #13857

toronto
Subject: RE: how many workouts a week?
I think im gonna have to add a few more workouts to my week. I want to be part of the 17 workouts a week club! come summer im going for the 20-25 workouts a week...that is if its ok with MTBTRIGUY

2004-03-25 6:47 PM

New user

South Jordan, Utah
lol...I didn't think I would ever get chastised in here (as a 17+ workout freak with no life). Here, here to what Trimom and Ovetta had to say. Maybe Jim (MTBTRIGUY) is involved with his young kids as much as some of us are with our participation in fitness activities. As for me...I am running FROM nothing. Like I said...I spent the last 21 years doing things with and for my kids. I stayed as healthy and active as I could, but now that I have more free time, I really enjoy being fit. More so than I have been in 20 years. that extends to alot of other areas...everything I do I can do with much more ease, strength, stamina. I play softball, working my way toward a black belt in Tai Kwon Do, golf. My wife has MS...being fit is probably necessary for me to take care of her too. I am rarely sickand don't work out so hard as to get injured. I travel with my wife and carry and tote her with ease. She is delighted that I take such good care of myself and am as fit as I am. Participation in triathlons and other activities with friends, and meeting new people while doing it...that IS part of a good life. Or at least my wife and I think so. We've been married 22 years, enjoyed doing for our kids all those years, and would be doing these things together if she could.

Happy and healthy...with a good life.

2004-03-25 7:15 PM
in reply to: #14377

User image

Resident Matriarch
N 43° 32.927 W 071° 24.431
I have to say that I also posted on Josh's thread that I thought he was overdoing it.  All those injuries are his body's way of trying to tell him something.  Eventually the piper has to be paid, he can listen now or he will listen later. Either way, he will listen eventually.  I know, I learned the hard way.  Still do 
2004-03-25 7:49 PM

Fairfield, CA
Good mother of mercy, I didn't mean to cause such a stir, but this is kind of fun. I have learned a lot in the past 4 years. That is why I've decided to run less than what I was doing before. I've always cycled and swam a few times a week, and have rarely seen the weight room less than 3 times per week for the last 6 years. It's definitely more easy to overtrain in running as opposed to cycling and swimming. So I believe if I bump up my cycling and swimming a bit, and tone down on the running I'll have less injuries. Plus I won't be so dam skinny all the time. Then maybe I can achieve what I've always wanted, and the only reason I train all the time...girls. Hehe. Just kidding. That was a sarcastic remark in reply to "What are you running from?" Just because I exercise doesn't mean I don't have a social life. In fact I think I have a great social life besides 17 workouts per week (22 if you want to include Yoga). I go out every weekend, take part time college classes, catch a few movies here and there, do plenty of "skirt" chasing, and work hard in the office. I'm bored, tired, out of shape, and pissed off when I'm not pushing myself all the time. I love coming home so tired that I drag myself into bed and pass out right away. Also I appreciate the compliments for serving in the military. I couldn't have picked a better way to start my post-high school career. I'm done training for today, so now I'm going shopping for cycling clothes to keep myself busy. Feel free to check out my training log, and don't forget to 'inspire me'!!! Yall have a nice day.
2004-03-25 8:09 PM

User image

Master
Berkeley, CA
such a troublemaker, joshua!!

dana ;-)
2004-03-25 8:37 PM
in reply to: #14421

Fairfield, CA
you're tellin me

2004-03-25 8:48 PM
in reply to: #14330

User image

Regular
Marietta, GA
Ive been stationed on this island for 15 months. Ive got plenty of stories myself. We do open water swims all the time, but it gets kinda scary....there are a lot of sharks out here.
2004-03-27 1:05 AM
in reply to: #14385

Agoura Hills Ca.
Folks....knock yourselves out. I think most of you missed the point. But thats ok keep on training and enjoy the season.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » how many workouts a week? Rss Feed  

of 2