General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Leg muscles make you alot heavier? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-05-04 3:52 PM

User image

Regular
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Subject: Leg muscles make you alot heavier?
Hey guys I have been working out for a while now usually only working legs out once in a great while.. now that I run/bike/etc all the time my legs are getting bigger noticed lately I went from 174 to 186 that can't all be water weight and I still have the 6.. anyone else notice this when their legs started getting more muscular?

Jason

2005-05-04 3:58 PM
in reply to: #152647

User image

Veteran
Gardner KS (near Kansas City)
Subject: RE: Leg muscles make you alot heavier?
sure, muscle that has been somewhat "inactive" gets "active" and will hold more water and glycogen- so thus the extra weight - 75% of strength and "new" muscle come from neurological response to exercise, so if that muscale is now healthier and more active it will require more nutirents, water and glyco - makes perfect sense
2005-05-04 4:40 PM

User image

Veteran
New Haven, Connecticut
Metalmasters2k - 2005-05-04 3:52 PM

Hey guys I have been working out for a while now usually only working legs out once in a great while.. now that I run/bike/etc all the time my legs are getting bigger noticed lately I went from 174 to 186 that can't all be water weight and I still have the 6.. anyone else notice this when their legs started getting more muscular?

Jason

I think you're a little off. While biking and running will add strength and some size to your legs, unless you were bed ridden for a long period of time, your 12 lb. gain didn't come from biking and running. Have you been eating a lot of pasta and pizza lately? Seriously, doing heavy squats and lunges for years will add the size your suggesting is the reason for your 12 lb. increase.
2005-05-04 4:45 PM

User image

Regular
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Well I started working out more this week more water/food had pasta yesterday never any pizza, etc stuff like that
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Leg muscles make you alot heavier? Rss Feed