General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Ford IM in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho next June! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-02 6:20 PM

Subject: Ford IM in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho next June!
Hi,

I've done lots of Olympic Distance tris, so now I'm taking the plunge and will do next year's Ford IM in Coeur d'Alene Idaho.   It's a daunting challenge (must be a mid-life crisis), so I'll be using this website a lot.  I figure a year of training will be enough!  I've volunteered for the race a couple of times, and it always inspires me!  Any IM advice (especially nutrition during the race) would be great!  I don't want to end up in the Medical tent with an IV in me because I didn't hydrate properly during the race!

I live in Spokane WA, so it's only 45 minutes to the race!

Thanks!  Happy to be here!    Smile

2009-09-02 6:46 PM
in reply to: #2385972

User image

Regular
Surrey BC Canada
Subject: RE: Ford IM in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho next June!
Good luck in CDA you might want to think about the Ironman Lake Stevens as well its a half iron also done by Ironman.  I am thinking of racing that one also there is IM Canada which is also close to Spokane.
2009-09-09 6:36 AM

User image

Expert
Liberty Lake, WA

Welcome to BT.  I have done IMCDA several times and will be racing again next year.  You should check out the offical IMCDA thread (link below).  It will give you a chance to meet other people doing the race next year and ask any questions you might have.  Nutrition is a huge part of the day.  I generally try to get around 250 to 300 calories per hour while on the bike.  Everyone is different so you will have to experiment in training to see what will work for you.   Train safe, see you next June.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=165721&posts=103&start=1

2009-09-10 3:27 PM

User image

Pro
Vestavia Hills
Welcome to BT ... you'll find a good number of folks doing IM CdA next year, including me.

Nutrition is the one key element to race day that you have some control over.  I goofed mine up at IMFL and paid for it dearly on the run.

Post your questions in the forum mentioned above without fear of being flamed or scoffed at like you would on Slowtwitch ... you'll be surprised by the number of well-thought out responses.

Also, be sure to use the training logs here - completely invaluable tool in helping guide your training in the right direction - as well as a reference point to use when trying to figure out a training problem.

Good luck with your training.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Ford IM in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho next June! Rss Feed