General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone in the mid-michigan area??? (Brooklyn) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-05-21 4:45 PM

User image

Regular
Brooklyn, Michigan
Subject: Anyone in the mid-michigan area??? (Brooklyn)

Hello...I'm a 29yo women looking for a local training partner...preferably female so that hubby won't get jealous...LOL

I'm very new to running, right now my farthest/fastest run is 5 miles at about 10.5min/mile.  Cycling wise, I'm usually riding about 15mph...but could easily go faster. (I think I need some competitive inspiration) Swimming...well...this year I'm going to do the Clark Lake Duathlon (July 17th), because I'm a horrible swimmer (which I'll be working on, in the In-laws pool this summer and hope to do the Tri next July)

I have 2 year old twins and would be open to running with another mom with the kids in jog-strollers. (they could have some fun together too)  I also have a bike trailer that DH usually pulls when we ride together that I could use if needed, we'd just need to find some low traffic areas.

PM or e-mail me if you are interested in having a partner to make training a little more fun.

Erin

Edited by ecwarren 2005-05-21 4:49 PM

2005-05-22 6:04 PM
in reply to: #161054

User image

Expert
Adrian, MI
Subject: RE: Anyone in the mid-michigan area??? (Brooklyn)

Hi!

I'm probably the closest.  I'm living in Adrian until graduate school resumes in the fall.  If you ever want to get together let me know.  

You should come join us all at SEAHORSE.  Why wait for Clark Lake?!   If I don't see at SEAHORSE, I'll definitely see you at Clark Lake!

Happy training!!

2005-05-24 9:45 PM

User image

Champion
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Gold member

You might PM Czarjenny.  She's a bit away from Brooklyn...she's in Detroit Metro (Birmingham), but I know she pushes around a 3-kid stroller on the run! OMG, couldn't imagine...but she's also around your same pace in all 3 disciplines...but she's MOTIVATED to get better.  Could be worthwhile for you to talk.  Good luck...

ecwarren - 2005-05-21 4:45 PM

Hello...I'm a 29yo women looking for a local training partner...preferably female so that hubby won't get jealous...LOL

I'm very new to running, right now my farthest/fastest run is 5 miles at about 10.5min/mile.  Cycling wise, I'm usually riding about 15mph...but could easily go faster. (I think I need some competitive inspiration) Swimming...well...this year I'm going to do the Clark Lake Duathlon (July 17th), because I'm a horrible swimmer (which I'll be working on, in the In-laws pool this summer and hope to do the Tri next July)

I have 2 year old twins and would be open to running with another mom with the kids in jog-strollers. (they could have some fun together too)  I also have a bike trailer that DH usually pulls when we ride together that I could use if needed, we'd just need to find some low traffic areas.

PM or e-mail me if you are interested in having a partner to make training a little more fun.

Erin

2005-06-01 4:38 AM

User image

Champion
Michigan

erin,

i'm in the lansing area, and have family in jackson, (grew up in parma) so i might be the closest.  i might also be the perfect training partner swim wise as it's my weakest link.  i, too, will be doing mostly dus this sseason cause of the whole fear of drowning issue  where did you grow up?

2005-06-01 6:39 AM

User image

Regular
Brooklyn, Michigan
Subject: Oops...double post

Edited by ecwarren 2005-06-01 6:41 AM

2005-06-01 6:39 AM

User image

Regular
Brooklyn, Michigan

Hi Trixie

I grew up in Brooklyn...lived in Jackson & Ann Arbor for a awhile (about 3yrs each), now I'm back in Brooklyn, because I want my kids to grow-up with family close by.

As far as training goes...I just dragging myself out of a HUGE slump.  My May stats are down right embarrassing.  My DH hurt his knee, and for some reason it made me feel super guilty for training and leaving him to watch the kids...STUPID I know...but the mind plays funny tricks.  HOWEVER...I've only got ~6wks left before my 1st Du, so I've got to get moving.  (DH is getting slowly back to the running now too)

I'm also going back to work full-time in the next couple weeks after being home for 2yrs, so our training schedule is going to have to change a bit.  I have two job offers right now.   If I choose to go back to my old job in Ann Arbor, I would most likely be able to get some pool time at lunch.  If I choose the job in Jackson, I could bike commute on occasion. (Only 14 miles!!! Ugh...I hate big decisions...LOL 

I wish I could do the race in Kalamazoo and meet everybody, but I just don't think I'm quite ready.  Hmm...I might have been if I hadn't been such a slack all during May...LOL  Hopefully a few of you will be at the Clarklake race on the 17th of July.

I'm sure I'll meet up with "Mafia" members at some point.

Erin

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone in the mid-michigan area??? (Brooklyn) Rss Feed