General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First Tri Tomorrow-Race Number Question Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-26 11:13 PM

Subject: First Tri Tomorrow-Race Number Question
So, tomorrow is my first tri, and when I picked up my race number and materials this afternoon, the lady handing them out said that my number had to be on my back during the bike, and on my front during the run.....at the time, I didn't question it, but now that I am thinking about it, how do I do this?  I do not have a race number belt, any suggestions?  Can I chance just putting it on the front of my shirt for the bike and run?  This is the last thing I want to be worrying about the night before, but here I am..........

2009-09-26 11:31 PM
in reply to: #2428100

User image

Extreme Veteran
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Subject: RE: First Tri Tomorrow-Race Number Question
w/o a race belt we always used safety pins in the old days. take them with you and ask a race official when you arrive what their preference is. Let it be their choice. On the other hand, I always have 2 or 3 belts in my bag (along with the kitchen sink, 3 or 4 swim caps- time to clean it out, I think!)  so you might be able to borrow one when you arrive.

Either way, good luck and enjoy!

Blair

2009-09-26 11:33 PM
in reply to: #2428100

User image

Modesto, California
It sound like they are assuming that you have a race belt, most of the time the numbers are for the photographers so that they can sort photos to the right contestant. Can you put two safety pins in it, pull them out and put them back on the front, one pin probably not hold it on the bike. Practice a few times before your race, a belt is a good thing to have,its only a few bucks.
2009-09-26 11:38 PM
in reply to: #2428106

User image

Sensei
Sin City
Ask for clarification tomorrow.

However, if you don't get an answer, put it in the front - that's what I would do.

Why the front?  Well, in my experience, you don't even need to wear a number on the bike since you have one ON your bike.  I never have...  However, they request you have it in front for the run, so that's where I keep it.

However, I have a race belt, so I actually wear it only on the run, and I have it behind me to keep it from making noise as I run.  I then turn it around to the front with a couple hundred yards to go so it's visible to the MC to call my name at the finish and for race photographers.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First Tri Tomorrow-Race Number Question Rss Feed