Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Blog entries missing Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-12-26 9:16 AM

User image

Payson, AZ
Subject: Blog entries missing
Yesterday (the 25th) I had stuff in my general blog, my sports section, and my nutrition section and all that is missing today.  The data I entered is still there.  I know it was all there yesterday but I went back into today to finish logging my nutrition and all the stuff I had typed is missing.

Edited by bzgl40 2009-12-26 9:18 AM

2009-12-26 7:51 PM
in reply to: #2578046

User image

Champion
Fairport, NY
Subject: RE: Blog entries missing
I'm seeing the Sports (Wii Fit), core exercises and nutrition data.  Does that sound right?
2009-12-26 8:27 PM

User image

Payson, AZ
That is what is remaining from what I did enter.  But, I wrote stuff in the overall blog section, the sports section (and I had 10 min in there as well), and the nutrition log section and all those notes are gone.  They were there all through out the day however.  Since it is 3 seperate notes sections I can't imagine it is any kind of key stroke I did to clear them out.
2009-12-29 7:32 AM

User image

Payson, AZ
Again things have gone missing from my log.  I uploaded my run yesterday from the Garmin, added some text and saved it.  And I know it saved cause I looked at it in the blog section to verify my lap data.  I am going to upload the data again but I am getting a bit annoyed that data is continuing to go missing.  I had it happened in the past before I complained as well and just chalked it up to me but now I am pretty sure it isn't.  I am using IE8 if that helps at all.
2009-12-29 7:36 AM

User image

Payson, AZ
Actually, more then just yesterday's run is gone.  My bike from Sunday is gone, as well as all my rep and weight data from my strentght training session and the time, as well as the notes I put in there. 

Is this something that can be restored?
2009-12-29 8:27 AM

User image

Champion
Fairport, NY
The only other time we've seen something like this happen, it turned out that the computer was being used for two different accounts and the data was being saved to different training logs. I've already ruled that out, as I've confirmed the record of your upload from yesterday.

I'm 99% sure that this is something specific to your computer or the way you're logging this as we're not getting reports of it happening for anyone else. There have been over 28,000 workouts logged in the last week alone, so f it was a problem with the logic saving workouts we'd be hearing many more reports of it.

We're looking at a few other things and will let you know what we find.

2009-12-29 8:48 AM
in reply to: #2581515

User image

Champion
Fairport, NY
We might be able to restore this data, depending on when the backups ran compared to when you logged it.

Can you describe exactly what steps you take when you log your workouts? Exactly which buttons you click on etc.
2009-12-29 9:38 AM

User image

Payson, AZ
If it is a lot of effort to restore the data I can reenter it.  I have at least the basic info still retained.  I can tell you that this week, and in particular yesterday, I seemed to get logged out a lot which normally doesn't happen.  Usually when browsing, like if I was going to go look at someone's logs and enter an inspire on their log.  So perhaps that is when the issues starts but I don't know what is causing that. 

When I do look at someone elses logs and enter an inspire I always open a new window to do that.  And then when I am done with that person I just close that window and go back to my session.  I normally don't have a problem with that but perhaps the window is messing up session ids?  I believe there is a bug in IE regarding that but I didn't think it was IE8.

For the runs I always upload from the Garmin, select my shoe, and usually write a short blurb.  Then I click on Save at the top.  Then I almost always go look at my blog right then and there to make sure I did it all correctly. 

For the missing Bike I just entered the duration, the equipment (bike and trainer), a short blurb about the workout and then hit Save. 

For the missing workout info, I enter all my exercises first, then I go fill in the reps/weight, a short blurb, then I hit save.  Not sure if I checked the blog after that one or not but I most likely checked the calendar. 
2009-12-30 7:33 AM

User image

Payson, AZ
hum, I suspect I might know what is happening.  This make sense to you?  I have an iPhone.  Every morning I enter my weight via the iPhone.  I never use the BT on the phone again for the rest of the day.  The next morning I am still on that page were I would have entered my weight but none of the other info I logged is there cause I do not reload the page.  When I click on next all that blank info is overwriting what I had saved from my computer.  That makes sense if the next button does a post back. 
New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Blog entries missing Rss Feed