General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Everyday Shoes Could Be Doing You Harm Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

Everyday Shoes Could Be Doing You Harm
OptionResults
Jandals/Flip Flops
High Heels
Minimal Support Casual Shoes
Old Running Shoes
Keens
Walking Shoes
Old School Vans
new running shoes
Dunham Motion Control Dress Shoes
Work Boots
Crocs
Barefoot
Golf Shoes
danskos
Earth Shoes
Birkenstocks
hiking boots
sk8r shoes
SAS walking shoes--best shoe ever
Mephisto-better then SAS
Chacos
VFF
This is a multiple choice poll.

2009-12-31 9:55 PM
in reply to: #2587205

User image

Master
Riverside, IL
Subject: RE: Everyday Shoes Could Be Doing You Harm
I'm pretty sure Dansko is still in business. I've been told that the Sanita line is made by Dansko...hence the reason they look identical. I just checked out those Vivobarefoot (for ladies) online...and WOW, are those things UGLY! I don't think I could ever bring myself to pay over $100 for a pair of shoes that ugly...no matter how good they feel.

2009-12-31 10:02 PM
in reply to: #2584959

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

aquagirl - 2009-12-30 5:37 PM I am a nurse so I get to wear my running shoes with my orthotics in them . Perfect! Sometimes I wish I had the kind of job where I could dress up in heels though..........

trust me you don't plus you are already 6 feet tall.....how much taller do you need to be?????????

I stand up all day....in the OR I wear my retired runnning shoes....in the office I wear flats always...comfort over fashion for this short girl.  I love my aerosoles.  Not terribly supportive but at least I don't limp at the end of the day

2010-01-01 8:04 AM
in reply to: #2587244

User image

Champion
Checkin' out the podium girls
jsselle - 2009-12-31 9:44 PM

I'm in a necktie pretty often, so am in J&M wingtips, but I always fly in adidas adistars with zoot compression socks... and walk the dogs with my last pair of running shoes ...

I'm struggling with this and my Achilles. I also wear Johnston and Murphy wing tips as, the Bostonian slip-ons KILLED me after a few hours. The J&M are better, but not fool proof. Driving in them is pretty painful.

Should I get inserts or wear the orthotics which were made to help my other Achilles, but don't help?

It's been suggested to switch into running shoes to drive, but my appointments can be close and I don't always have time to switch shoes. Ideas from the "business formal" crowd?
2010-01-01 8:45 AM
in reply to: #2584618

Master
STL
I work in a preschool, so I must wear comfy shoes. I've had problems with my achillies for a bout two years and can really tell the difference between wearing something like a clog and something more like a tennis shoe. In fact when I get to cleaning out my closet a lot of my shoes are going to go because I can't wear them.
2010-01-07 1:46 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Severna Park, MD
Bates Composite Toe Military boots for me... for two months at a time.

When i am home, break out the flip flops, barefoot, or my reebok casuals.
2010-01-07 2:32 PM

User image

I work in a college athletic department, so running shoes are perfectly fine. I also wear my FiveFingers when it's not snowy/cold. Which means I'll get to wear them again in, oh, April...

2010-01-07 3:08 PM
in reply to: #2587450

User image

Champion
Eat Cheese or Die
pitt83 - 2010-01-01 8:04 AM

jsselle - 2009-12-31 9:44 PM

I'm in a necktie pretty often, so am in J&M wingtips, but I always fly in adidas adistars with zoot compression socks... and walk the dogs with my last pair of running shoes ...

I'm struggling with this and my Achilles. I also wear Johnston and Murphy wing tips as, the Bostonian slip-ons KILLED me after a few hours. The J&M are better, but not fool proof. Driving in them is pretty painful.

Should I get inserts or wear the orthotics which were made to help my other Achilles, but don't help?

It's been suggested to switch into running shoes to drive, but my appointments can be close and I don't always have time to switch shoes. Ideas from the "business formal" crowd?

I wear a paid of shoes I got from DSW Shoe Warehouse, very similar to this http://www.patagonia.com/web/us/product/mens-boaris-sneaker?p=79623... I can wear them all day. Driving or Air travel. I just can't stand around at a trade show for 10 hours in them. But our trade shows are more business causal then formal so I wear a pair of Keen Shoes http://www.keenfootwear.com/product/fw09/shoes/men/blvd/austin/blac... The most comfortable pair of dress casual shoes I've ever owned. I've actually had 3 pairs.

For every day when I am not on the road, wearing the above mentioned shoes, I wear in winter a pair of keen hiking boots or Merrel trail running shoes. Around the house I wear Birkenstock clogs. In the spring/summer/fall I wear old running shoes, keen sandals or Birkenstock sandals. I used to always be barefoot or in flip flops, but when I started running my Plantar Fascia didn't like that. When we go on vacation to the shore I still go barefoot most of the week.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Everyday Shoes Could Be Doing You Harm Rss Feed  

of 2