General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Non-cooperative Lower body Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-03-02 10:53 PM

User image

Veteran
Raeford, North Carolina
Subject: Non-cooperative Lower body
Hey all,

So I've noticed that while I'm swimming my kick starts to really feel as though it becomes non-existent as I start putting in longer distances. I swam a non-timed 800 today and towards the end I felt like my legs were angled 45 degrees downward and just kinda dragging along enjoying the show! I have a pretty extensive and serious background in swimming due to the countless hours I spent in my high school pool at practice. I don't ever rememeber having this problem in high school at all. It has been a few years (7) since I last seriously swam and it wasn't until just recently that I was able to get back in a pool and start training again. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is my endurance just that crappy? Any advice/comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot guys!

2010-03-03 6:50 AM
in reply to: #2703818

User image

Champion
Columbia, South Carolina
Subject: RE: Non-cooperative Lower body
I'm VERY far from an expert, but I'll say something just to bump your thread up -- hopefully someone who knows something will reply.

My something:  it doesn't take much kick at all to keep your legs high, so it's hard for me to believe it's a fitness issue, at least in the sense of being able to kick enough for 800 to kick the legs up.  So perhaps it is either a core-strength issue or a balance (front-to-back) issue?  I hesitate to suggest either, though, since you swam in HS and probably have better form that I do.  Are you lifting your head?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Non-cooperative Lower body Rss Feed