General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Long time lurker - lurking no longer Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-03-04 1:57 PM

User image

Subject: Long time lurker - lurking no longer
Hey guys, I started training for tri's in June of last year. Well, Duathlon until November when I took the plunge and started swimming. I quickly realized my training was all wrong when I got to my first DU in August. Since then I've started to get smarter with my training. In January I took a TI workshop, and started working with a Tri coach. It's a slow process, but I'm enjoying every minute of it.

In terms of sporting backgrounds, I've spent most of my life in martial arts. Never swam, ran or biked seriously before this. I did compete at a fairly high level in martial-arts (mostly national but a few years at the international level) All my training was geared around either 5 minute matches or 5 minute rounds so spending a few hours on the run/bike/swim is completely new.

As far as race plans I have a 10km run race in a couple weeks, and first Sprint Tri planned for May, hopefuly get up to an Oly by September if the swimming improves a lot!

thanks for all the time you guys spend helping us newbies.

Cheers from Vancouver BC.

2010-03-04 7:27 PM
in reply to: #2707908

User image

Master
St. Louis
Subject: RE: Long time lurker - lurking no longer
Welcome to BT!  Don't be afraid to ask questions.  I'm a newb too.  The more questions we ask, the more we help ourselves and newbs that are shy about posting.
2010-03-05 8:15 AM

User image

Hermitage TN (Down the street from Nashville)

Welcome hope to see you at a race...check out some of the race forum to connect with us @ races.

I met with a group of BT forum people prior to  the New Orleans HIM for dinner and its fun to put faces with names

2010-03-05 11:19 AM

User image

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to check out the race forum.

cheers.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Long time lurker - lurking no longer Rss Feed