General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » reintroduction Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-03-11 9:04 PM

Subject: reintroduction
Hello all I have used the website in the past to log my miles for my funraiser bike rides. Took over a year off and this year a friend asked if I wanted to do a tri. I said yes. So I signed up for my first tri ever (it is in july). I got in the pool this week for the first time in 10 years( I thought that my heart was going to jump out of my chest), and slowly started my walk/run program( I though that this was going to be the hardest of the three I was wrong see swimming). Any encouraging words or advice will be greatly appreciated( and needed), Since i have really enjoyed my year away from any excercise and have gained the weight to prove it.

Thanks
Ian

2010-03-12 9:33 AM
in reply to: #2722005

User image

Extreme Veteran
Addison
Subject: RE: reintroduction
Welcome! This site is a wealth of info and you'll meet a ton of really nice and knowledgeble people here on BT. At least you have cycling down, I was in your shoes last year: 9 yr hiatus from the pool (almost drowned first time back in the pool w/tri team) and started a couch to 5k program, so I understand. Just keep with it and remember consistency is key. Good luck and you'll do great if you stick with it!
2010-03-12 2:58 PM
in reply to: #2722005

User image

Master
Falls Church, VA
Subject: RE: reintroduction

Welcome back

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » reintroduction Rss Feed