General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Satisfying salad recipes? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2010-03-26 9:58 AM
in reply to: #2726035

Subject: RE: Satisfying salad recipes?
I eat a salad everyday for lunch and have been for the past couple years. I have found that in order to make my salad fill me up I need to enrich it with a lot of protein. I normally don't put meat in my salads, instead I use kidney beans, spinach, and snap peas to supply my protein. I also throw tons and tons of fresh uncooked vegetables in there like celery, green onion, radishes, broccoli. carrots, tomatoes. I top it off with some sunflower seeds and a little bit of shredded cheese.

Instead of using dressing I drizzle lemon juice all over my salad. This really helps fill me up, that's what lemons are good for is filling you up, you wouldn't think it but drinking lemonade or using lemons in dishes will help to supress your hunger and you will be full before you know it.

I think a lot of it too is training your stomach to eat healthy, many people don't feel full after a salad because they are used to eating carbs for lunch. That's why it's a really good thing to keep your lunch consistent and not deviate away from it much. It will keep your metabolism in line. Good luck!

C

2010-03-26 8:12 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2010-04-05 8:08 PM

Veteran
Subject: RE: Satisfying salad recipes?
Here's what I put in my favorite Salad.  I add as much of each item as I like.  You can add whatever protein you like!

Romaine Lettuce
Cilantro
Black Olives chopped really small
Green Olives chopped really small
Garlic chopped really small
Red Onion
White Onion
Cucumber
Radish 

Homemade Dressing:
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar