General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Starting Base 3, First race of season on sunday, woke up with sore throat Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-04-07 7:14 AM

Subject: Starting Base 3, First race of season on sunday, woke up with sore throat
AAAARG!!! frustration, and horrible debate on wether to take the day off, do light exercising or keep going full force. I dont feel feverish, or sick for that matter, but my fiance has been fighting a small cold and has had a sore throat for the last couple of days.

I think I'm going to skip my morning hour bike ride, and cut my hour run this afternoon to 30 minutes.  I had my break through swim yesterday, and strength training, then did a light 54 minute ride with my fiance. Should I go with just doing the 30 minute run today and take it easy?

I'm supposed to Swim, and bike tomorrow anyways, then strength training and run on Friday. Swim and bike on Saturday, and then the race on Sunday. I'm not tapering for this race hence Base 3, but I guess I should force myself to taper a little so going into the 2nd week I'm not sick and can handle the higher volume.

Any thoughts? I'm taking vitamins, drinking herbal tea, and I'm asleep by 8 every night, and usually up at 3:30, I think I'm going to let myself sleep in till 5 before I have my swim class tomorrow.

2010-04-07 7:19 AM
in reply to: #2773167

User image

Pro
Wallingford, PA
Subject: RE: Starting Base 3, First race of season on sunday, woke up with sore throat
It's not going to kill your training to take an unscheduled day off now and again. Rest up until you feel better, then resume your training schedule.
2010-04-07 7:27 AM

Subject: RE: Starting Base 3, First race of season on sunday, woke up with sore throat
Syndacit - 2010-04-07 7:14 AM AAAARG!!! frustration, and horrible debate on wether to take the day off, do light exercising or keep going full force. I dont feel feverish, or sick for that matter, but my fiance has been fighting a small cold and has had a sore throat for the last couple of days.

I think I'm going to skip my morning hour bike ride, and cut my hour run this afternoon to 30 minutes.  I had my break through swim yesterday, and strength training, then did a light 54 minute ride with my fiance. Should I go with just doing the 30 minute run today and take it easy?

I'm supposed to Swim, and bike tomorrow anyways, then strength training and run on Friday. Swim and bike on Saturday, and then the race on Sunday. I'm not tapering for this race hence Base 3, but I guess I should force myself to taper a little so going into the 2nd week I'm not sick and can handle the higher volume.

Any thoughts? I'm taking vitamins, drinking herbal tea, and I'm asleep by 8 every night, and usually up at 3:30, I think I'm going to let myself sleep in till 5 before I have my swim class tomorrow.

When in doubt- bang it out!
2010-04-07 7:54 AM

well the thing is, last week was my recovery week, and I starting feeling some pain in my knee last friday, so I skipped my bike ride on Saturday(Sunday was scheduled off). Then of course I ended up getting horrible sleep Sunday night and couldn't get up for swim on monday, then felt miserable all day and didn't run either.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Starting Base 3, First race of season on sunday, woke up with sore throat Rss Feed