General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Worst thing you ever forgot on race day Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2010-04-12 5:40 PM
in reply to: #2777218

User image

Atlanta (BUTThead)
Subject: RE: Worst thing you ever forgot on race day
Goggles.  Left them 100 miles away.  Stopped at Walmart and got a 3pack for $10.  The good news is that one side had a strong enough seal that I'd be confident with going into space with it.  The other side was okay as long as I didn't turn my head and could hold my breath for 600m.

Actually the worst thing I forgot was to go to the bathroom before a triathlon.

2010-04-12 5:52 PM

User image

Veteran
Orange, CA
not so much on race day but race weekend I forgot my cell phone charger and the phone promptly shut off when I tried to call my wife after the race to find out where we were meeting. Also alerting me to the fact that I never memorized my wife's cell number...I just programmed it into my phone. I had to borrow some poor lady's battery out of her blackberry to get in touch. My sincerest thanks to her!
2010-04-12 8:44 PM

First race last year, I forgot the difference between left and right when I attached my shoes to the bike. Made for an interesting self conversation at the mount line.

First race this year, last weekend, I have a great T2, shoes slip on like butter, visor and race belt fly into my hand and I'm off. Right before the mat I realize I still have my helmet on, back track and throw it at my bike, along with my sun glasses. Again, interesting internal dialog ensued.
2010-04-12 9:01 PM

User image

Expert
Huntington Beach
Yesterday I walked to the water for the start and realized I didn't put my chip on.  Ran back to my transition, fished it out of my bag, snapped it on and made it back to the sand in plenty of time.

A couple years ago my husband dropped me off at the start of a marathon and then headed back to our hotel.  I realized I left my number bib in the car.  His phone was off and I couldn't remember the exact name of the hotel we were staying in.  I frantically called several hotels until I found the right one.  He (not very happily) made his way back through the pre-race traffic to find me and give me my number just before the start of the race.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Worst thing you ever forgot on race day Rss Feed  

of 4